“not worth the time to find it.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“not worth the time to find it.”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a coupon from the rest area, we arrived about 9pm. We almost didn't find it as it was off the road with no sign behind a boarded up store. The area looked dark and we were not sure if it was safe or not. The girl that greeted us was nice and friendly. She said they were sold and would be another hotel within another month. She said there was not a good place to eat anywhere around there and we should travel down the road to eat. The room was clean, nice and we rested ok. Next morning the breakfast was ok not as good as some we had had. We checked out and left. Glad we arrived at night once daylight came, the area was scary and we felt it was not safe. We left as soon as we could.

Room Tip: Keep traveling to the next exit, don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank scoutmom509
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Scoutmom 50,

I apologize that you had such a difficult time locating our hotel. The building it is located behind is actually the Mayflower Seafood Restaurant, not a boarded up store. There are several good restaurants in the immediate area of the hotel, although most of them do close at 9:00PM. This is probably why the GSR suggested one at a different exit.

I am sorry that you did not feel safe, but the area in which we are located is actually one of the safest neighborhoods in Henderson with a shopping center, restaurants, and other stores located nearby.

General Mamager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was an unexpected stop in Henderson so I had not done my usual research. I had always thought HI Express were pretty new so we took a chance. It did look fine on the outside and the lobby had a gorgeous floor. The staff at the desk and breakfast area were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms however were a bit disappointing. the first room looked lovely but had wet carpets as if it had been shampooed and not dry. We were promptly moved to the room next door. It had a big hole gouged out of the headboard and the bathroom door. The carpet was not very clean but it was dry. The bed was ok. Bathroom clean although not much water pressure in the shower. The breakfast was ok. First time I ever saw a pancake machine- it was pretty neat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Maryland Sharon,

I am very glad that you found our staff to be nice, although I am sorry that you had to move rooms because of the carpet being wet. I regret that you did not find the second room to be as nice as the first. I am also sorry that you had problems with the water pressure, as we normally have excellent pressure.

COLUMBIA
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just stayed overnight while on the way home. Hotel is extremely hard to find (GPS does not locate it). Took 20 minutes at 11pm to find it.
I am a high level Rewards person and this was not noted upon check-in (which was very unusual in my experience with HI). First room assigned had a faulty air conditioner so back to the desk. Clerk found another room for us with a functioning a/c so got into room by midnight.
Room was very clean but is really an old hotel. They have updated the hotel in some ways (lobby, front desk, ext) but rooms are very dated. Bed was very hard so it needs to be replaced.
All in all, an old motel that needs to be sold by HI to a second level motel chain. Not up to Holiday Inn Express standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear MickeyD77,

I am sorry that you had a difficult time finding our hotel, and that you were not recognized as a elite IHG Rewards member. I am glad that you found our property to be clean. Although we are an older Holiday Inn Express, we try very hard to maintain a high level of cleanliness. I also regret that you did not find the bed to be comfortable.

Salisbury, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed one night while on the way to another destination, and we were only there from around 10:30 pm until 7:30am the next morning, so for our purposes, this was a good stop.

I agree with some of the other reviews that there were some areas that needed sprucing up, but overall our stay was positive.

We were able to clearly hear the guest in the next room snoring. That's one of the reasons I always carry a sound machine when we travel. The machine did drown out the snoring so that it wasn't really an issue.

The ladies working at night and in the morning, both on the desk and in the breakfast dining room, were some of the friendliest hotel staff workers I've ever seen. These women were cheerful and helpful, and that's always nice to get on the road.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear lordnelson1805,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stop in Henderson and for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you found your accommodations to your satisfaction and that our staff was helpful. We are scheduled to undergo a major renovation in the very near future.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Henderson area.

Caeur D Alene
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Very disappointed

First. Find it if you can. It's hidden behind a restaurant and the gps doesn't even know where it is.

Lady in front desk was nice. The bed seemed clean.
That's about all the positives

Let's start.
Elevator takes as long as of the hotel was 15 stories and it's only 2
The elevator smells bad. Like old humidity
Fridge makes too much noise.
The shower/tub doesn't drain. (Nasty)
Doors walls and carpet is outdated and looked worn
The electronic key takes 5 Attempts to work.
The office chair was broken and the back rest was in full recline even though it's not a reclinable.

I don't understand how it is a holiday inn express. They are always newer and sharper.

I strongly encourage you to look elsewhere

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jaime U,

I am very sorry that you had a difficult time locating our hotel, and that you did not feel that it met your needs. Although we are an older Holiday Inn Express, we try very hard to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and service. We normally do not have any problems with our elevator so I apologize if it took longer than you expected during your stay.
We are planning a major renovation in the near future, so I hope you will give us another chance to impress you the next time you are in the Henderson area.

Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very old Holiday Inn hotel and very outdated. No greeting of any kind from lady at desk when I checked-in. Beds are very old and sunk in just by appearance so didn't even need to test how old they were. Flooring in my room had stains in many palces and had hard time in bathroom because it was microscopic. Thin paper walls which resulted in hearing a lady in a different room yelling at someone 2-3 rooms from me. Hallway is filthy (stains on walls, doors, and flooring). Paid over $100, at most the price should be $65 for the poor facility and service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jeff H,

I am very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Although we are an older property, we try very hard to maintain a high level of service and cleanliness. I regret that you did not feel this to be the case during your stay with us. I hope that the next time you are looking for a room in the Henderson area you will give us another chance to impress you.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was my first time staying in a Holiday Inn Express Hotel. The hotel was clean, my room was very nice. The service of the staff was excellent. The breakfast in the morning was great. Ms. Carrie who prepared the breakfast was very nice and she keep the kitchen clean for the quest. Thank you Ms. Carrie and the rest of the staff. I will us this hotel again when I travel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lisa r
Susan L, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Lisa R,
Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express and taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us, and that our staff was helpful. Carrie in the breakfast bar is a true treasure. I am glad that she made you feel welcome.

Please do come back to see us the next time you are in the Henderson area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Sleep Inn
#5 of 9 in Henderson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Oxford

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Henderson? Share your experiences!