“Hidden Gem! Impressed!”

Econo Lodge - Henderson
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had no plan to stop in Henderson however, there was a snow storm and highway was backed up for miles. We tried couple of hotels but they were booked. We called around and found this hotel had availability. Based on the mixed reviews, I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay. We checked in and the young man at desk was very helpful and friendly. Once we got to the room I was surprised how clean it was. Bed was very comfortable and in morning my husband said " I slept like a baby". We attended the breakfast in the morning and again was surprised, they had a waffle machine, fruits, and boiled eggs. They had 2 types of cereal, juice, and coffee, which was all I was expecting. In all, for the low price we paid we were very impressed with the service and cleanliness of the facility.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
EconoLodge252, General Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for giving us the high rating. We greatly appreciate that you noticed how hard we work to provide each guest a clean and comfortable rooms. We take pride in our product and our services. We hope next time you are in Henderson/Oxford area you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and I only paid $50 for one night. I was right off of the interstate. The breakfast was bad, but I did not expect a cooked omelet for a $50 hotel room. Not sure I would vacation here, but for a night it was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pghstillers

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your positive experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

The location is good the area is dangerous. I was pulling my boat for afishing tournament and got here no boat parking was available and found out the people had their trucks and boats broken into the previous weekend. after contacting the managemant to find out about security they told me the cameras had been down for several weeks but they were going to walk around and keep an eye on the 10-15 booats in the lot. the next morning when i woke up my cover had been pulled back were someone had been looking for electronics. thank god they were next to my bed

Room Tip: if you have anything of value like your car or boat drive it in the room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to maintain our hotel reputation and cleanliness. You will be glad to know we took appropriate action on solving those issues that you mentioned.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Dirty place the front door light comes in fruit fly around mirror.After taking a shower i looked up and there on the rim of the shower is someone else's soap.The front lobby smell of curry all the time i stayed.went to get ice and the filter for the ice machine had green goop around it . Spend the money stay some other place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ed R
EconoLodge252, Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a feedback.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we have used necessary steps to make improvements and to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests.

Since your last stay almost 2 years ago, we have painted our rooms, added 40" LED TV's, replaced the bedding, replaced upholstery on chairs, and soon to replace our carpet in all guestrooms. Furthermore, we have replaced our Ice Machine and Filter.

We apologize for the pool but it was closed and we are not able to drain it right away after it has rained.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Came to this hotel after a terrible experience at the Scottish Inn. The desk was kind and quick to check me into my room. The room was nice and clean. They even had free breakfast and internet in the rooms. Will be back again when I stay in Henderson.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments.

We have achieved an excellent rating of 4 out of 5 bones from BringFido and we couldn't do it without guests such as yourself. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here and had a good experience. Beds were very comfortable and the room was large, even the bathroom was too. Person at the desk was helpful to my needs and recommended me places to eat. Waffles was unexpected when I arrived in the breakfast room. The hotel provided more breakfast items than some of the high priced one's I been to.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank krishna p

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to complete an online review. It is great to know that we make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2011

You advertised a 47.99 special via Facebook, but told me 70.00 is the best deal u could provide. Room had lots of unwanted guests, in the form of fruit flies. Noticed in a earlier post a complaint of no tissues, and a wee bit of toilet tissue, same story in the other party we were traveling with, in her room. My sheets were stained. Comforter had a hole in it. Last update looks to be from early 90's, or late 80's. You will find this comment followed by a form letter from econo lodge attempting to "explain away" the defficiencies of this stay. Don't buy into it. Breakfast was also nothing spectacular, and below expectations. Seems to me they have little time left on their "econo lodge flag", before corporate yanks the rug from under the place.

• Stayed: October 2011
EconoLodge252, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge - Henderson, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you for your feedback. We accommodate many guests each day, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel. However, do acknowledge it was a Car Show Weekend and for the VERY LOW price this was the best hotel you selected. The SPECIAL rate you saw on facebook is not valid during the Car Show Event, which is stated in fine clear print. I apologize we weren't able to provide a $10.00 room as your husband had literally requested. Furthermore, we didn't force you to stay because we mentioned to you we only had few rooms left. You had several other options but don't think it would of fit your budget. You could of paid $110 at Jameson Inn or $150 at the Hampton Inn or if you wanted CHEAP, you could of stayed at a roach hotel down the road from us for $66.00 with no Wifi, no breakfast, no hot water, and nasty/filthy rooms along with a truly 80's style decor. For the price, we were one of the lowest priced hotels in town with the best rooms and best services to offer our guests.

We received many kind admiration and more than half of our hotel was booked with repeat guests who stay with us every year during the Car Show Event.

As far as the look of our rooms, we completed a major renovation in 2009. We are affiliated with Choice Hotels International and they do NOT let their hotels run down to that sort of level.

For our guests, we provide more items during breakfast than what Choice Hotels requirements are. However, if you have any suggests on what we can do better we are open to them.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please accept my sincere apology.