“Good Food and Good Service.”

Skipper Forsyth's Bar-b-q
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Barbecue
Durham, North Carolina
“Good Food and Good Service.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I stopped in for dinner. I haven't been here in over 30 years. The food was just as I remembered..........good! Barbeque, stew and fried chicken all impressive. Good food and good service. A must stop for anyone in the area.

• Visited August 2014
6 Thank 11STW24

illinois
“BBQ Jackpot!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have dragged my kids all over the Midwest and east coast trying to find the bbq of my youth. And the only place we have found it is to come back here to Skipper Forsyth's in Henderson. Nothing has changed here since I was a kid - nothing. The menus are probably from the 70s with updated inserts. 3 years ago, we were passing through and mistakenly went to that "other" bbq place in town - ugh - because I couldn't remember which place we went to year ago. So now here we were back in Henderson and JACKPOT Skippers delivered. It was like sitting in a Super 8 movie of myself eating the most amazing chopped vinegar based sweet bbq ever! Saddled next to crispy cold coleslaw and warm hushpuppies, and of course endless sweet tea. I could have sat there all day. Too bad they don't ship or I would be ordering from them every week. Service was excellent, attentive and southern charming. Cant wait to get back here again for more good memories! Highly recommended! My son was a little concerned he would not like the vinegar/chopped meat but he is a convert now! Amazing!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank siestaclaud
Canton, North Carolina
“Awesome Bar-b-q”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Everytime we are in Henderson we go to Skipper Forsyth's to eat, It has awesome food great prices and the staff are always welcoming and nice.

Visited June 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Barbecue”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a friendly restaurant with a Southern feel. The chopped pork is the mustard-based sort of Carolina barbecue, not the more vinegary kind. I thought it was very good. We also had the ribs, which had a more typical molasses based sauce. I enjoyed the black-eyed peas and collard greens. The hush puppies were great.

• Visited June 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“What a find! Delicious!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

GPS sent us off highway to avoid traffic and that's how we found Skipper's. It was 2 pm so it was after the lunch crowd and we were hungry. This was the best down home good food I've had in ages. Living in Washington, DC doesn't give us the opportunity for this kind of food. The service was very friendly. The hush puppies were plentiful and delicious. I asked which sides were fresh or homemade so that's why I ordered the corn pudding and butter beans along with the barbecue and Brunswick stew. I was in heaven. The kids loved their food too. My son begins school at Chapel Hill in the fall so I will make Skipper's a regular stop on my trips down to visit.

2 Thank sledgejoyce