“Ramada Inn”

Ramada Hendersonville
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
ramadatrip, General Manager at Ramada Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had reservations for 2 nights for this hotel, traveled a long way to get there early enough to take my very elderly mother to dinner. This meant emptying the back of the car to fit her wheelchair in. Called an hour out to ask about room being available, was told no, check in was at 2. We got there by 12:45, ran in to ask again, were turned down. We pleaded, the clerk at the desk refused to contact management and never even stood up to talk to us. Never offered to store our luggage for us, just kept repeating check in at 2. Then he told me that I could just leave - so we did! Contacted Ramada Customer Care twice, were told that it was all up to the manager - who would not be available for 2 days. When I called the check-in clerk again to get a confirmation number for cancellation for the second night (this was the first hotel we'd ever stayed in requiring 24 hr cancellation notice) he refused at first, then gave it, ending the conversation in a sarcastic sing-song "Have a nice day!" We stayed at the Best Western 1/2 block away where they did find us a room despite 2 p.m. check in and said they would have locked up our baggage if they hadn't had one. We were able to make it to the nursing home to get her out in a timely manner. Their check-in clerk apologized for the one at this Ramada. Wouldn't recommend this place at least with that clerk!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for letting us know of your problems with checking in. The morning you were trying to check in early we had zero clean rooms available since we had sold out the night before with a large tour group. As I'm sure you can imagine, we wouldn't want to check you in to a dirty room! As to the matter of storing your belongings, again, we just do not have the facilities on hand to securely lock away any valuables and so rather than assume the risk of any items being damaged while in our care, it is our policy to have guests secure their own items. We do apologize for your experience with our Front Desk Agent and it sounds like the entire situation could definitely have been handled better. We hope that if you ever do come back to the area you will stay with us and give Ramada Hendersonville another chance.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nothing fantastic, but nothing to really complain about either. If I were to stay there again I would not take the ground floor and certainly not a room that faced the parking lot. Cars park within a few feet of the building and its rooms. Understandably, guests come late and leave early so be prepared for car and guest noise at times when you would rather not hear them. The rugs in the room we were in could stand a good shampooing and cleaning. Breakfast was adequate as well.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your review! We would have hoped to score better, but sometimes a stay is not perfect. It sounds like overall you had an "Adequate" stay and while we are glad you had no major complaints, we would love to show you that we can do better. The next time you are in Hendersonville, we hope you will give us that chance and stay again at Ramada Hendersonville!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had driven from Mooresville NC to Hendersonville NC and went to visit friends who had moved to Hendersonville NC several years ago. After visiting with our friends, it was after 1:30 pm so we thought we would try to check into the hotel before going to visit Lake Lure. The hotel was very old and the receptionist did not make us feel very welcome - more of an inconvenience. I asked if I could check in and she stated she was about to eat lunch as check in wasn't until 2 pm so I should come back in 20 minutes (Really?). My friend went back into the hotel and talked to the receptionist and she must have had a change of heart and proceeded to check us in. We put our luggage in the room and I was not impressed - the room was so old & outdated. I actually couldn't wait to check out of this joint. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor and sometimes the reviews are accurate & sometimes they are exaggerated but in this case I must say that I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
ramadatrip, General Manager at Ramada Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

So sorry to hear of your issues with checking in. We all sometimes have bad days and it sounds like Miss Earlene had one that day, for sure. We're sorry that her bad day negatively influenced your stay and please know that should you decide to give us another chance the next time you are in the area, we would love to show you that we can do better. Thanks for keeping us apprised of your situation and for giving us an opportunity to better ourselves in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I usually stay at the more bargain off-brand motels; I ended up staying here because it was late, and a desk clerk at a nearby full motel recommended it (and told me the rates where lower than what I had to pay, despite his claiming to work here also). Price was around $70, plus tax.

The room was very nice- about what you would expect from a next-tier-up small hotel. Everything was clean and looked great- probably the nicest room I've stayed in quite a while. The fridge wasn't working, so I wasn't able to use that. And, there were problems with the computer wi-fi; I had to take my laptop and go up the 2nd floor to get a connection. (see some of my other reviews- why is it that "nice" hotels quite often have lousy wi-fi, but the absolute dumps that look like they are falling apart, have excellent, fast wi-fi?) TV and other items worked fine.

Of course, there were no problems with sheets/towels like some cheap motels.

Overall, it was a good stay, probably a bit more than what I'm accustomed to spending, and not without some issues, but I got a nice night's sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied and had, as you say, some minor issues with things like the wi-fi and the refrigerator. We strive to provide as excellent a stay for our guests as is possible and while we do generally succeed, there are times when things happen beyond our control, and this may have been one of them. We are glad to hear that you did otherwise enjoy your stay and did get a good night's sleep, though! We hope the next time you are in the area you will once again choose to stay with us!