“What's not to like about Angels”
Review of Stone Angel

Stone Angel
More attraction details
Owner description: The angel that Thomas Wolfe described in his book "Look Homeward Angel" is located close to his memorial.
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I love visiting interesting cemeteries so when I heard about the Stone Angel we had to stop by. She is very beautiful and worth a visit by but what we really enjoyed was all the other tombstones that date back to the 1700 - 1800's.

1  Thank Shawna G

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I did not know that this was in Hendersonville. This is the first novel that I can remember that I read without it being a school assignment (many years ago). Seeing it brought back some memories about that school library and school. The stone angel and sign are on the road to the DuPont State Forest.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

From what I have read, this angel was purchased/shipped from France by Thomas Wolfe's father who sold cemetery memorials in Asheville. Thomas Wolfe's dad had it on the steps of his shop for many years before selling it
for this memorial
in Hendersonville. It is a beautiful angel and worth a quick stop.

2  Thank lisboa09
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Not really much to see except the monument itself. If you are interested in local history or Thomas Wolfe it is worth a stop.

1  Thank 404Traveler404
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is the famous "look homeward angel" sculpture that inspired Thomas Wolfe. Although it was surprisingly small to me, it is a lovely sculpture that caused a great emotional response for me.

1  Thank Kcmink