“Good Hotel off the beaten path”

Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good Hotel off the beaten path”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a fairly new hotel located near Hendersonville, NC. It is located off an exit of I-26 that is not the main drag for Hendersonville but is only a few miles away. Nothing really next to the hotel except for a mexican restaurant and a Huddle House on the main road. Overall, the hotel is clean, well maintained, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The price is a good value for this area. If you don't mind being secluded or want to be secluded, this place is a good choice. We will stay there again next time.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rbrown9681

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Check in and out was smooth and easy. Front desk staff were helpful. Room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was cold food and waffles; more than adequate.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mslade
North Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Stayed here for six nights. Rooms were wonderful, staff were very friendly and attentive. The only complaints we have are these: 1. The hotel needs to carpet the lobby stairs and landing; people tromped up and down the wooden stairs at all hours and could be heard clearly. 2. The hotel breakfasts are very carb heavy, zero protein offered. Even a hard boiled egg would have been welcome.

Otherwise, it's a great place to stay

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnBoyinNC
Murrells Inlet
Reviewed 17 April 2011

What a GREAT Motel. First time to stay there, and we'll be back everytime we are in the area. From check in to check out, a FANTASTIC experience! Great layout of the room...Bathroom set up so we could both put out all our stuff. It was just a great experience.

Room Tip: Just ask..all rooms are soundproofed!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mrcsbikes
Pittsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Traveling to see relatives in the area for Christmas, we found ourselves in need of lodging. After reading mostly positive reviews on trip advisor, my wife and I decided on this hotel. We were not disappointed.

The location was a couple of miles from the interstate, in a nice, modern building. The rooms were HUGE, almost 2 times the size of a comparible hotel for the same price. The bathroom was small, which is strange given the size of the room itself. The beds were soft, but not overly so. It was very quiet and we enjoyed a wonderful two night stay for a relatively affordable price. The breakfast, while not full-service, was good, especially the waffles.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing lodging in the area. To me, it beats any similiarly priced mid-range rank-and-file hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank andy_asumtneer
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 11 November 2010

This was our 2nd stay here and we were so happy to see that is was all newly refurbished. It looks great! I thought the bed was very comfortable and I loved how they were made. I will say that if you are using the foldout bed as my teenage daughter was, make sure you ask for a mattress pad. That bed was very uncomfortable with an extremely thin mattress (the thinnest I have seen on a fold out). The housekeeping is superb and it was a nice touch how they made my daughter's bed incorporating the throw that she brought. My only complaint was that the hall side of the bathroom door needed cleaning.
The fridge and microwave is a great touch and was good for me because I do not wake up early and since the breakfast ends at 9:30, I was unable to partake during our stay. The wireless was great, but we really wished there were pay for view movies and/or some movie channels.
Also, of note- I had seen s previous review saying the windows did not open. Ours opened just fine.
While this is not in the most picturesque part of town... it is by far the best value, one of the friendliest (on par with The Inn at Church Street), and just about the cleanist. We have stayed at just about every place in town and many cottages and we have decided that this is the place we will return to when we are in town visiting family.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Atanta, GA
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I took my wife up for the weekend so we could have a quick get-a-way. I had problems finding a hotel because of the time of year, but this one had great reviews and thought we would give it a try. We were welcomed with a very nice check-in. The hotel was very clean and had plenty of parking. Our room was large, we had a king suite that had a separate area with a sofa and chair in it. While the room was large, it was kinda plain, but very clean. The bathroom was clean and a nice size also. But where we had the issue was the bed. The linens were thin, not from use, just that way and too small. As soon as you got into the bed they were now loose and around you since the sheets were not fitted. I could have gotten by this, but the next morning my back was killing me. Both me and my wife were having issues. After the second night, we got up early to sleep on the sofa. While I will admit I have some back issue, but my wife does not. If you like a softer mattress, this may work for you, but not for us.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple