“Nice, Clean, Friendly”

Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here several times over the last five years. In fact I stay here every time I'm in this area. Always nice, clean, and a friendly staff. Breakfast is adequate, nothing to write home about, but good. Plenty of parking for our bus. Conveniently located.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JymHowe

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our room was large and clean but we were told upon arrival that they did not have rollaway beds so one in our party ended up sleeping on an Aerobed we happened to have in the van. There were kids running up and down the hall until about ten and we had a little one we were trying to get to sleep.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again. For a little more money I would stay at the Harbison Blvd Hampton Inn i...
3  Thank Ondi L
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff has been amazingly helpful and friendly. Rooms are nice but basic. Breakfast in the morning is simple but good. WiFi has worked fine the entire time. We will stay here again the next time we come to Hendersonville.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank QueenofdaBluez
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We chose this location through Orbitz as an overnight stop between Knoxville, TN & Pickens, SC. We wanted to be about an hour away from our destination & this location worked. When we arrived on a Friday night, the lobby was attractive & bright. The counter service was friendly & had us checked in quickly. However, those were the best parts.

We had parked in the back because of a very full front lot. When we went out the back door to get our bags, the key card wouldn't work to let us back inside. Thinking perhaps there was a delay before activation, we walked (with our bags in hand) to an exterior side door - same result. Back to the main entry, up the stairs, & all the way down the hall to #202, tried the card - same result. I walked back down to the counter & asked the clerk for another card. She checked it on the little machine, then told me it was blank - never programmed! After setting it up, I went back upstairs to let myself & my husband in the room.

While waiting in the hall for me to return with our room key, my husband had located (& turned on to cool) the thermostat for the hallway. It was easily 75+ degrees - very stuffy. Not a good idea in summer temps. When we opened the door to 202, the temps increased. Easily 80+ degrees inside the room. I went directly to the AC unit & found it turned off. I think the room finally cooled down to comfortable in summer temps by around 4 a.m. or so.

There was a fridge in the room - not that it did much for the dinner leftovers I had brought with us. It was plugged in, but turned off. What's the point of advertising 'fridge in room' if you can't use it upon arrival. I cranked it down, put the food inside, but I wasn't confident.

It was fairly late by the time the room cooled enough where sleep was possible. We both washed up & retired. The next morning, my husband got up to take a shower. When he came out, he asked me if I had used a washcloth last night & put it over the curtain rod to dry. I told him I had not - which means there was someone else's used, damp cloth left in our room after housekeeping had already done their services!?!?

All in all, not worth the $121.34 we paid for the single night's stay that we had. I wish I could recommend this place, but it would be with hesitation. On the surface, a very nice & well maintained facility - dig a little deeper & some issues raise concerns.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lorraine T
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is a rare gem. The rates are very good for the area and the hotel is quality. Breakfast is good. Would love to have seen eggs and fruit on the selection instead of just carbs but other than that this stay was perfect. Beds comfortable. Employees were very accommodating and friendly. The breakfast room was kept very clean and the entire establishment is well run. Glad we chose this hotel for our stay!

Room Tip: If you would like a pool or fitness...they give you a free pass for a club right down the street..do...
1  Thank birdbreeder
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to the beach. We enjoyed a few things in the area before heading on into S. Carolina the next morning. The hotel was nice and quiet, very clean! The breakfast was nice and had several options. The beds were comfortable but I do agree with other reviewers that they need to update their pillows. Overall it was a great stay.

2  Thank kymom05
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great suite at a great price. Friendly and helpful staff, small but nice pool and lots of breakfast choices! We stayed here as an alternative to staying in Asheville. Do not regret it as it is close enough to anything. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family