“Lives up to its name”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Lives up to its name”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Of all the Asian restaurants in Hendersonville, I think Thai Spice delivers the most authentic-tasting food. The best dish I've tried so far is their take on green papaya salad (made with green apples, the same substitute I use at home.) All the ingredients were crispy and fresh, dressed with a tart combo of fish sauce and lime juice, and crowned with four plump shrimp. Beautiful and yummy! The spicy dishes can be tailored to the diner's taste; I like mine quite hot, and the chefs take me at my word, which I appreciate. I'm looking forward to trying the mango-sticky rice dessert, but so far, every time I've eaten there I've been too full!

• Visited August 2013

estero,Fl
“Pad Thai for Lunch”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I frequent Thai Spice for lunch after a round of golf. Service and food quality are both good. Prices are reasonable too...seven to ten dollars for lunch. They let you vary the spiciness and that works for my wife and I. It's one block east of main st with ample parking.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank scottyfl
Hendersonville
“Authentic Thai Food!”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Visited several area Thai restaurants with Thai friends. This is their favorite. It combines wonderful food with excellent service in a warm and well appointed atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A touch of Thai in NC”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Good food and reasonable prices. What more can you ask? They were willing to customize the level of spice which my wife appreciated.

Visited November 2012
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“My girlfriend's first Thai experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I love, love, love Thai food. I'm also an uber foodie, always ready for a new food adventure. My girlfriend? Not so much. Knowing that I like Thai food, she suggested we do Thai last Sunday, I was hyped.

We chose Thai Spice. The restaurant is large, clean, well kept up with a nice bar. Our waitress was helpful and friendly. My g/f chose the Pad Prew Warn (sans spice). I had the Pad Kee Mow. I ordered it 4 on a scale of 5 for spice. My g/f enjoyed her meal, really liking the chicken and flavor. She said next time she may order something 1 of 5 on the spice meter. I liked mine but I thought it would be more spicey. I ordered 4 instead of 5 since it was my first trip here and you never know.

One minor complaint I have is the lack of versatility with the menu. Usually when I have Thai, I have a soup dish, a small Pad Thai side and my entree. I couldn't pull this off with out spending too much money and probably having too much food.

Overall it was a good experience, I was happy my g/f kind of liked it and will try Thai again. Will probably be back after sampling some of the other area Thai restaurants.

• Visited June 2013