“Charming cottage”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hendersonville
Cottages of Flat Rock
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed in cottage #6 for a week for a personal retreat. It was very charming, cozy, and nicely decorated with knotty pine walls. Though I was alone, there was plenty of room for 2 people. Staff were very responsive and friendly. The grounds were lovely with green grass, trees, bushes, and beautiful azaleas, iris, and roses. The owner even came by the first morning to offer me fresh eggs from the resident chickens (out of sight)! All in all, it was a delightful experience.

Room Tip: Cottages away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Dorothy D

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I hate to let out this best kept secret but I think the Cottages at Flat Rock is a terrific place. The courtyard is pleasant, as are all the well kept cottages. The owners take their business very seriously and are hands on. If you notice, they comment on any negative (and false) reviews. They care about their cottages and their visitors. I don't find comparable prices anywhere and I am delighted to have found this place. I have been here 2 months and will be back again.

Room Tip: The only bad choice might be cottage #1 which is on the road. All the rest are great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Kathleen D
Reviewed 21 February 2012

my wife and I stayed at the cottage of flatrock,we were very impressed with our cottage,very clean,and hade all the items that we needed to make our stay very comfortable,the staff was very knowledge with the surrounding area , and steared us on many things to see during our stay,,I would recommened this place to anybody looking for a different adventure then what we have been doing..thanks again and we be returning to stay here vert soon

Room Tip: all seem to have there own advantages
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank brian k
Reviewed 9 February 2012

we have stayed at the Cottages of Flat Rock 7 or 8 times now and we LOVE it there! The cottages are charming, clean, and in a delightful setting. The owners are two of the most hospitable and wonderful people we have met and they invest so much of their time, energy, and care into this place. They offer such personalized service, you couldn't find anything better.
The surroundings are wonderful and the owners gave us really great recommendations on where to go and what to see in the area.
We are always highly satisfied with our stay here and will return anytime we are up for a mountain getaway.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank addie b
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Musty, not well cleaned and infested with ants. If rustic is acceptable, then this will work. If you prefer clean and varmint free, this is not your place. Also, our cabin backed up to a trailer park that was quite noisy.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlowishusCPMc
lucydOg70, Owner at Cottages of Flat Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to read my response to this comment .We have a monthly pest control service and did not find any ants when the client left.The noise from the park next door was from a company removing a tree.The housekeeping staff is my wife and I and we are onsite daily along with our staff to see that each cottage is ready for the next guest.We have a 24 hr on-site manager that is there too handle any comments our guest may have .The problem is with Tripadvisor, they will post any comments that anyone posts, true or false,it gets posted.So if you have any questions about staying with us PLEASE call me on my personal cell phone (828)606-8703 and I will make sure your stay is the way you want it to be.We have a better than 90% return costumer base and we are open year round.Thank you again for your time .
Tim Robison, owner

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We have stayed in Hendersonville several other times and am now HAPPY we found Cottages of Flat Rock. These cottages are spotlessly clean with a flair for comfortable cozy furnishings. The owners could not be more helpful and check frequently to accommodate your every need. Fully clean equipped kitchen, comfortable beds with living area as well as eat-in kitchen. All screened porches have a lovely view of the surroundings. We are leaving for 4 days and coming back for the month of September. We love this place!!!! and the close proximity to EVERYTHING imaginable.

Room Tip: Lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Very happy.
Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank gammygayle
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We love these little cottages built in the 1940s but with all the conveniences of today. The cottages are set around a large circular drive. In the center of the circular drive is grass, flowers, picnic benches, a patio with tables and chairs and grills. It's quiet and peaceful. They have loads of books and DVDs to borrow. And Hendersonville is a terrific base to explore the surrounding area of Flat Rock, Asheville, and Chimney Rock.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank RetiredCindy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Flat Rock

Been to Cottages of Flat Rock? Share your experiences!