“First time seeing fireflies!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hendersonville
Cottages of Flat Rock
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed at the cottages August 5-12, 2012. I dropped my son off at Camp Our Time and then I checked into the cottage which was very clean and accommodating. There was a full kitchen with table and chair, coach, chair, bar stools, large bedroom and closet and spacious bathroom. The grounds were beautiful with several benches to sit and enjoy the surroundings. The porch had a full screen which it made it nice to sit and read, or just relax. I am from California so when I saw my first fireflies I lite up like a little girl. The cottages are located in a perfect area which made getting around easy. I met Julie, Pete, Tim and Tim Jr., all of whom were extremely nice. When I arrived I found out that the flat screen TV had to be replaced with a new one which was nice. I have never been to North Carolina, but I ever return I will stay at the cottages!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank CARMENC392

Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have stayed at the Cottages of Flat Rock many times over the years, sometimes as a couple in a one bedroom cottage, and other times with our adult children and grandchildren in the two bedroom cottage, plus other cottages for the various families. It is always clean, comfortable, well furnished and cheerfully decorated. The kitchens are well stocked and serviceable. The last time we were there from March 15 through April 24, and the cherry blossoms and other flowering trees and shrubs were amazingly beautiful. We love to eat on the screened-in front porch and enjoy the beauty of the trees and flowers. The owner and manager are always helpful, friendly and willing to provide whatever is needed. For longer stays, the laundromat with two washers and two dryers is helpful. In the back of the property they have a hen house and fenced in chicken yard. As a bonus they offer us fresh eggs. Our three year old granddaughter enjoyed visiting the hen house. This place is a treasure, and the only place we choose to stay in Hendersonville.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jean042012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have stayed at Cottages of Flat Rock multiple times, both as a couple in a one bedroom cottage, and as a family with our adult children in the two bedroom cottage, and sometimes with additional cottages for the various families. Great way to let each family have their own space. We find the cottages clean, well maintained, nicely furnished and cheerfully decorated. The kitchens are well stocked and serviceable. The beds are comfortable, and the screened in front porch is the best part of all. The cottages are built around a center area with grass, trees and flowers. Last time we were there from March 15, 2012 to April 24, 2012. The flowering trees, especially the cherry trees, were magnificent. The owner and manager are helpful and accommodating. For longer stays we appreciated having a laundromat with two washers and two dryers right on the property. There is a hen house and screened in area for the chickens on the back of the property. As a bonus, the owner offers us fresh eggs and gave our granddaughter a tour of the hen house. This is our favorite place to stay in Hendersonville.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jean042012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were in a small cottage, a 1 Queen bedroom. Our friends were in the other side, which was comparable in every way. There was a small living room, small kitchen fully outfitted with everything you could need, a nice bedroom and bath, and best of all, a screened porch complete with rocking chairs. Super clean through-out! The bed linens were new and very comfy. Although we only stayed 1 night, we could have spent a week or more there. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are ok with a queen bed, choose the smaller cabins. Other cabins have King beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Janice V
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed in cottage #6 for a week for a personal retreat. It was very charming, cozy, and nicely decorated with knotty pine walls. Though I was alone, there was plenty of room for 2 people. Staff were very responsive and friendly. The grounds were lovely with green grass, trees, bushes, and beautiful azaleas, iris, and roses. The owner even came by the first morning to offer me fresh eggs from the resident chickens (out of sight)! All in all, it was a delightful experience.

Room Tip: Cottages away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Dorothy D
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I hate to let out this best kept secret but I think the Cottages at Flat Rock is a terrific place. The courtyard is pleasant, as are all the well kept cottages. The owners take their business very seriously and are hands on. If you notice, they comment on any negative (and false) reviews. They care about their cottages and their visitors. I don't find comparable prices anywhere and I am delighted to have found this place. I have been here 2 months and will be back again.

Room Tip: The only bad choice might be cottage #1 which is on the road. All the rest are great!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Kathleen D
Reviewed 21 February 2012

my wife and I stayed at the cottage of flatrock,we were very impressed with our cottage,very clean,and hade all the items that we needed to make our stay very comfortable,the staff was very knowledge with the surrounding area , and steared us on many things to see during our stay,,I would recommened this place to anybody looking for a different adventure then what we have been doing..thanks again and we be returning to stay here vert soon

Room Tip: all seem to have there own advantages
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple