“Cozy like a warm cup of coffee.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hendersonville
Cottages of Flat Rock
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Just got home from a two day stay at the Cottages of Flat Rock, and this was our first visit. My husband must have used the word, quaint a dozen times, but I say it was very cozy. If you're looking for quaint, and cozy, this is a very special place to stay. No, it wasn't Perfectly clean, but is YOUR house. So those who made remarks of it being dirty are incorrect. If you've ever stayed in a log cabin, or cottages, you are going to find some musty odors, especially in older ones. But you can walk into the best hotel room and get the same thing. When air isn't moving the air can get stale. Well guess what? When we got home after a week away, our house had a stale odor until we turned on fans, and opened a couple of window. So my point is, this was a very clean, charming, and cozy place to spend a couple of days for us. The price was good, and it was close to everything we had planned to see. So if you are too particular, then you best pay a bigger price for a high class hotel. However, you will miss the very charm that this place has to offer. Tim & Sylvia, the Hooks will return. You are exactly 2 hours traveling time from our home in SC. How great is that? Sorry I didn't spend more time getting to know you, but perhaps next time. Bonnie Hook.

Room Tip: Bring your breakfast and lunch items. The kitchen is a perfect size, and the refrig. is full size, b...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Bonnie H

Reviewed 30 September 2012

This review is several months late. My husband and I, and our furkid have stayed at the cottages numerous times over the past year. We started out in cabin 6, then moved around between the duplexes and one of the larger cottages. All the times spent we have greatly enjoyed ourselves. The cottages behind the creek are our favorites!

The first time we spent a week over the 4th of July, and it was HOT. Thought in the mountains it wasn't supposed to be like that, oh well. ALL of the cottages have a screened in porch and our critter loved all the squirrels, a little too much. There is a kitchen area, which we didn't cook other than to reheat our foods. Bring your own food, but there is silverware, glasses, cookware for use. We didn't feel like we had to be neat and tidy while we were there. Again, we were there for the relaxation - cooking isn't relaxing for me!

If you are foodies, like us, there are tons of locally owned restaurants to eat. There is a brick oven restaurant within walking distance of the property. Downtown Hendersonville is a great area. There is great little bakery (not open on Sundays) McFarlan's, that is super. Of all the times we have visited, I don't think we have repeated a restaurant that we've eaten at. Other than the bakery :-)

I think if you read this review, you need to make a reservation. The only bad thing is now, since we moved it will take us 4 hours to get to the area instead of two.

The proprietors of the Cottages have been very gracious to us, and our hectic schedules. We have had to reschedule our trips to the area on two different occasions and they have worked with us as best they could. We will be going again in November (after delaying our trip in June, because of moving).

So, if you are deciding whether to book a reservation, do it!!! Just have a couple of dates available for you to choose as many people are starting to realize this getaway!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank piratesfolly
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I stayed at the cottages August 5-12, 2012. I dropped my son off at Camp Our Time and then I checked into the cottage which was very clean and accommodating. There was a full kitchen with table and chair, coach, chair, bar stools, large bedroom and closet and spacious bathroom. The grounds were beautiful with several benches to sit and enjoy the surroundings. The porch had a full screen which it made it nice to sit and read, or just relax. I am from California so when I saw my first fireflies I lite up like a little girl. The cottages are located in a perfect area which made getting around easy. I met Julie, Pete, Tim and Tim Jr., all of whom were extremely nice. When I arrived I found out that the flat screen TV had to be replaced with a new one which was nice. I have never been to North Carolina, but I ever return I will stay at the cottages!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank CARMENC392
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have stayed at the Cottages of Flat Rock many times over the years, sometimes as a couple in a one bedroom cottage, and other times with our adult children and grandchildren in the two bedroom cottage, plus other cottages for the various families. It is always clean, comfortable, well furnished and cheerfully decorated. The kitchens are well stocked and serviceable. The last time we were there from March 15 through April 24, and the cherry blossoms and other flowering trees and shrubs were amazingly beautiful. We love to eat on the screened-in front porch and enjoy the beauty of the trees and flowers. The owner and manager are always helpful, friendly and willing to provide whatever is needed. For longer stays, the laundromat with two washers and two dryers is helpful. In the back of the property they have a hen house and fenced in chicken yard. As a bonus they offer us fresh eggs. Our three year old granddaughter enjoyed visiting the hen house. This place is a treasure, and the only place we choose to stay in Hendersonville.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Jean042012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have stayed at Cottages of Flat Rock multiple times, both as a couple in a one bedroom cottage, and as a family with our adult children in the two bedroom cottage, and sometimes with additional cottages for the various families. Great way to let each family have their own space. We find the cottages clean, well maintained, nicely furnished and cheerfully decorated. The kitchens are well stocked and serviceable. The beds are comfortable, and the screened in front porch is the best part of all. The cottages are built around a center area with grass, trees and flowers. Last time we were there from March 15, 2012 to April 24, 2012. The flowering trees, especially the cherry trees, were magnificent. The owner and manager are helpful and accommodating. For longer stays we appreciated having a laundromat with two washers and two dryers right on the property. There is a hen house and screened in area for the chickens on the back of the property. As a bonus, the owner offers us fresh eggs and gave our granddaughter a tour of the hen house. This is our favorite place to stay in Hendersonville.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jean042012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We were in a small cottage, a 1 Queen bedroom. Our friends were in the other side, which was comparable in every way. There was a small living room, small kitchen fully outfitted with everything you could need, a nice bedroom and bath, and best of all, a screened porch complete with rocking chairs. Super clean through-out! The bed linens were new and very comfy. Although we only stayed 1 night, we could have spent a week or more there. We will be back!

Room Tip: If you are ok with a queen bed, choose the smaller cabins. Other cabins have King beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Janice V
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed in cottage #6 for a week for a personal retreat. It was very charming, cozy, and nicely decorated with knotty pine walls. Though I was alone, there was plenty of room for 2 people. Staff were very responsive and friendly. The grounds were lovely with green grass, trees, bushes, and beautiful azaleas, iris, and roses. The owner even came by the first morning to offer me fresh eggs from the resident chickens (out of sight)! All in all, it was a delightful experience.

Room Tip: Cottages away from the road are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Dorothy D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
CedarWood Inn
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#5 of 5 in Flat Rock

Been to Cottages of Flat Rock? Share your experiences!