“Wonderul experience!”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderul experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was here. We had gone to skytop for the last few years, and I would say I prefer Stepp's for sure. It's a different experience, but a better experience. Friendlier, less commercial, cheaper apples, and a great atmosphere. You can drive your car through all of the rows, however we chose to walk, b/c that's part of the fun to me. But at least you have the option if you want.

I am looking forward to going back again next year, and highly recommend this place!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Travis W

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful family, kind, sweet, knowledgeable, professionally ran orchard.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

33 years and counting! I came for the apples and found a family! From Mr. & Mrs. Stepp, that I truly miss, to Sonya, Cindy and all those sweet girls! Oh yeah the apples... great selection, fair prices and the quality cannot be beat! When our kids were young we came up once a year for a while... then.the addiction kicked in... twice a year... then Mr. Stepp told me to get what I wanted I had to come 3 times a year... in 2011 I made 6 runs... last year only 5 trips, it was a bad year... the worst season since 1956 but even facing a devestated crop they greeted everyone with a smile... I truly admire them all. We come up from Charleston SC and if they moved the orchard to Alaska I would pick apples in Alaska!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank mtmark59
West Columbia, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great little local place to get your apples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stop by Stepp's every year on the way home from an annual camping trip, and we love it. They have apples and apple products, pick your own, picnic area, wagons and hay rides, etc. It's a lovely setting for photo ops! This year was slim due to the late frost, so we did not get to pick many of our own, but that's what we normally do and it's a fun, wholesome activity for the whole family!

2 Thank SoldByNicole
Charlotte, North Carolina
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Nice little family owned farm/orchard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

We used to go to Skytop Orchards to get our apples; but heard a lot of negative stories from friends who had gone this year: totally out of control crowds, chaos parking, apple varieties listed as available on their site, but not available when u get there, etc. Instead, we took the advice of friends & online posts & drove along Rt 64East from Hendersonville, stopping @various apple places (there are tons of apple places from Hendersonville to Bat Cave). Stepp Farms is about 1/2 mi off Rt 64 East, a sign marks the turnoff. This is a lovely family friendly farm where u can pick your own apples, pumpkins & grapes, dependent upon the time of yr. We're not longer interested in picking our own apples; so, instead enjoyed selecting apples from large bins & bagging our own. We went late in the season, Oct. 20th & still found about 12 varieties to choose from. The apples were in various sizes w/little to no blemishes or soft spots, a good selection available. Prices are cheaper than Skytop & competitive w/other apple places in the area: $6 for 1/2 peck, $10 for a peck (approx. 10lbs). A barn houses the apples, pumpkins, jam, cider, honey & a small cute gift shop. No bakery or ice cream or pies, fritters or doughnuts; not a criticism, this is just a less commercialized place. Parking is fine & we also bought a good sized crate of cut applewood for our chimeria. Stepps is on our list for a return visit next year.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank loomis1717
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“We love Stepp's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We try to visit Stepp's every year to pick apples. It is a beautiful orchard and the apples are delicious. Unlike some other are orchards you can drive your car through the orchard which is great when you have a giant basket of apples and two small kids to keep up with! This year they had pumpkin painting which was fun for my kids and the items in the gift shop are delicious.

Visited October 2012