“Best sandwiches in town”

Cafe on the Veranda
Ranked #65 of 195 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: phone 828-692-0393
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best sandwiches in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Wonderful atmosphere with exceptional food and service.Enjoyed the store with excellent selections of wine. Business is always busy.Highly recommend!!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Erin H

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Finally”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Finally there is a place in Hendersonville that fixes sandwiches like you see on Tv where the host visits best places in US to get the best sandwich in the US. I went there to try them out and believe me, I will be a regular. I had a tuna sandwich with potato salad. They pile on the tuna salad, and believe me it is a meal!! Their sandwiches are made with TALENT and some ARTISTIC approach not just tuna out of the can with a little mayo. I have since had the egg salad and WOW it was the best egg salad yet. Will I go back once a week?? You bet your sweet hippy I will.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Joe A
Phoenix, Arizona
“Wonderful lunch place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I visited today for the first time at the urging of a pal. She started with their vegetable soup and I had the tomato basil...both were steaming hot and delicious. She then had a salad with ranch dressing and a 1/2 chicken salad sandwich. I had 1/2 of a tuna salad sandwich and a Greek salad. Again, everything was fresh and very tasty. Then to top it all off, we decided to share one of their homemade deserts. The lemon curd cake we decided on could not have been fresher or more flavorful....memorable is the only term I can think of to do it justice. Our first visit will certainly not be our last!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Arizonafoodguy
NYC
“What a charmer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Also called "A Day In The Country", this is a charming restaurant and gift shop. The menu offers an array of salads and sandwiches and wraps. Also soup and interesting veggie sides. I was told they will have a wine license this summer.

The gift shop has a delightful display of local goods and is fun to browse in.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GITL
Mpls, Minnesota
“Reasonably priced tasty lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

My friend and I enjoyed a reasonably priced lunch. I had a 1/2 turkey sandwich on a delicious cranberry bread and Minestrone soup. My friend had a grilled cheese sandwich which was oozing cheese and tomato basil soup. The food was very tasty. We are already planning a return visit to try their tea (reservations required). My only negative would be that you need to order at the counter so we felt rushed in making our decision. We were given a number and the food was delivered in a timely manner. The restaurant is in a quaint older home within a cute store. All items are displayed in a well thought out manner. Prices are reasonable. Found several great unique gift items and a couple of things for my home.

• Visited March 2013