“Great southern cooking”

Daddy D's Suber Soulfood
Ranked #20 of 203 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American
Description: Competitor's reviews: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/1419515/restaurant/Asheville/Daddy-Ds-Suber-Soulfood-Hendersonville
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is an easy going place to eat. The service was outstanding, and very friendly. I had three sides, and enjoyed them all. I am a big fan of mac & cheese, and have never had better. They had squash picked from the garden of our waitress. These dishes are all passed down in the family & cooked the old fashioned way. They even brew their own tea in a pot on the stove. My husband had the fried chicken & really liked it. They are planning to roast a pig sometime this summer! We were really full and our bill was under $13.

1  Thank Kaye333

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Warning: You can feel your arteries harden as you read the menu. This is real southern cooking, not that namby pamby healthy stuff which passes for too much food these days. This is mouth watering, tasty, stick to your ribs food. Southern fried chicken, fried okra, candied sweet potatoes, corn bread, hush puppies all done the way the good Lord intended. That's just my choices. I had to skip desert. Too full. I could have cried.

You can find a full menu here: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/82/1419515/restaurant/Asheville/Daddy-Ds-Suber-Soulfood-Hendersonville

Service is causal and relaxed; yet each of us got exactly what we ordered. And if it isn't too busy, some of the staff might join you and share a bit about the place and the history of the food.

4  Thank Warmfire
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Went for the fried chicken which was very good but the pork chops were outstanding. Veggies were soul food done to perfection. You must find this small gem and try it out

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Owner is very friendly and the food is just like momma used to make.David made us feel at home the second we walked in. I will definitely be coming back (Sunday he has a buffet).

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I went there with my girlfriend were visiting Asheville. The fried chicken and the french fries were amazing after finishing our first plate we decide to order another. If you are looking for good southern food this is your place. The atmosphere isn't the best but the food more than compensate for that. The prices are reasonable and David the owner make us feel like home.