“Neat experience!”

and up
Elijah Mountain Gem Mine in Hendersonville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Warm indoor mining open every winter day. At Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, in Hendersonville, NC, you become a prospector from the 1800's and mine for real gem stones that you can keep! Gems that are found daily include Rubys, Sapphires, Emeralds, Quartz crystals, Citrine, Amethyst, Garnets, Adventurine, Sodalite, Opal, Fluorite, Aquamarine and many more! Our flumes are covered for your comfort and for rain or shine mining! You can even bring a picnic and relax at one of our picnic tables or by the creek! During colder months we have INDOOR mining too!Our Rock Shop is the best around and no one can beat our prices! Also, come pet our baby goats!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 December 2011

From antiques to gems... This truly is a find. I enjoyed browsing the store and my son really enjoyed all his treasure hunting. Obviously, it is for entertainment purposes, but I thought the bucket was seeded very well. The inside fish pond and the collection of gemstone jewelry there were also neat features. I enjoyed my experience, as did my son. We will definitely plan to go back.

2  Thank gladacya
"gift shop"
in 16 reviews
"kids love"

Reviewed 26 October 2011

It was a antique store, with the water plume on the side. It was expensive to buy a bucket of dirt for the kids to sift through, but they enjoyed it. The owners are very nice and polite and helpful. I guess I just expected more, especially from the brochure pictures.

3  Thank J L