“Lots of fun for the gem fan!”

Elijah Mountain Gem Mine
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Elijah Mountain Gem Mine in Hendersonville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Warm indoor mining open every winter day. At Elijah Mountain Gem Mine, in Hendersonville, NC, you become a prospector from the 1800's and mine for real gem stones that you can keep! Gems that are found daily include Rubys, Sapphires, Emeralds, Quartz crystals, Citrine, Amethyst, Garnets, Adventurine, Sodalite, Opal, Fluorite, Aquamarine and many more! Our flumes are covered for your comfort and for rain or shine mining! You can even bring a picnic and relax at one of our picnic tables or by the creek! During colder months we have INDOOR mining too!Our Rock Shop is the best around and no one can beat our prices! Also, come pet our baby goats!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stopped here on our way to the beach so my sons (6 & 8) could do a little gem mining. They enjoyed it so much! The staff was very helpful with anything we needed and the souvenir shop was very nice. We were definitely glad that we planned to do this on our way in because I think our kids enjoyed this more than they did the beach. They found tons of gems and fossils. Lots of fun!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"kids love"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Let me begin with the fact that I am NOT a road-side attraction type of person. Now, having said that, I took my 8-year-old daughter to this particular attraction in June, 2014, after reading the favorable reviews on TripAdvisor...and was not disappointed!

This is a family-run establishment in a quaint and small town. They go out do their way to make children happy and take pride in customer service.

We drove 30 minutes out of our way...simply based upon reviews on this site.

We purchased the large green bucket to share as a family. It was somewhat pricey - but my daughter was thrilled with the results, to say the least. The employees spent about 30 minutes going through my daughter's gems and identifying and labeling them for her.
She had a blast, found an unimaginable number of really nice-sized finds and is thrilled with the gems she left with.

1  Thank TeresaFLA
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had such a great time here. This is great for children and adults alike. We do not have kids and were concerned as to how much fun we would have. We were greatly surprised. We ended up purchasing a green monster bucket before leaving for lunch. We then, returned for another green monster and a small ruby/emerald/sapphire bucket. We ended up with lots of stones including some REALLY large rubies. More important than the stones we found, were the experience and memories that we made.

1  Thank crbwwl
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We recently went to Elijah Mountain Gem Mine and had a blast. My kids (ages 9, 7, 4, and 2) were all excited about the experience. The Little Miner Bucket is well worth the money, in my opinion. You get a gallon bucket filled to the brim with sand, dirt and gems. The staff was very helpful in identifying the gems with my kids when they were finished. Read my full review here: http://www.wellnurturedplantsandpillars.com/2014/06/03/elijah-mountain-gem-mine-in-hendersonville-nc-visit-and-review/

2  Thank Katie D