“Breakfast”

Underground Baking Co.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

The best bakery in town. Great breads, scones, pizza, muffins and much more. Friendly owners and help. Special orders, no problem

1  Thank Ron C

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great little find in Hendersonville. It is a bakery owned by some seasoned pastry chefs who wanted their own place, so you get four star bread at a very reasonable price. They are only open four days a week, and only till 4 pm so make sure to go during those times. Early in the day if you want croissants which I hear are fantastic. We got some of the focaccia pizza which is one of the best tasting pizzas we have ever had. Also had some of the raspberry shortbreads, mmmmmm. Will have to make another trip up to Hendersonville and get there early next time. They also have Bretzels, which is their version of pretzels and I hear they are very good. I was just too full to get one.

1  Thank ctbagley
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Their wide selection of breads is the best in the area. Prices are reasonable and the staff is very pleasant. I first tried their brezels at the Southern Appalachian Brewery in Hendersonville. Decided to try it for lunch since we were in the area. Ordered their pizza and was amazed at how good it is. Believe me you need order just one slice, the various pizzas come out of the oven at 11:30 am. Be there when they first come out. Great selection. They have limited seating so get there before noon. They do have carry out also.

3  Thank Ken B
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great bakery...but not really more than a stop to pick up some pastry items. It's closed some during the week so make sure you check the hours before you go. The chocolate pound cake is good.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

When we moved a to Hendersonville, I assumed that the wonderful baguettes and pastries we could get in the DC area were a lost part of our lives. Underground Baking Co proved me wrong! The baguettes are as good as any I've ever gotten in the US, and their croissants are as good as any I've had in France! Their scones are just right, not the crumbly dry things people usually call scones.
In addition to the wonderful baked goods, the people who work there are always efficient and friendly. It's a good thing they're only open four days a week or I'd weigh 500 pounds!

1  Thank elizbuth