“Nice experience”

Flat Rock Wood Room
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice experience”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were traveling with a group of Senior Saints from our church and stopped here for lunch. The staff was very friendly and the service was very good, and so was the food. Everyone enjoyed their meals. My wife and I split a BBQ platter with 2 sides and she had a side salad. The Q was very tasty and so was the sweet BBQ sauce that I tried. We will definitely go there again on a return trip to Hendersonville.

• Visited October 2013

Southport
“Awesome”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Ribs were delicious....tender and very flavorful. Service was friendly and efficient...going back to try the BBQ for sure...

Visited October 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Awesome BBQ!”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and just "happened onto" this restaurant while on a recent stay in the area. The atmosphere was nice and our server was very helpful. We ordered the pulled BBQ chicken dinner and it was delicious! We highly recommend this place for great BBQ!!

Visited October 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“No short cuts here”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

There are those who would argue with me, but western North Carolina is not particularly well-known for great barbeque. Fortunately the owners of this place aren't from around here. The meats are smoked on wood. I tried the pulled pork, which had a nice flavor but was a little soft for my taste (I prefer a little of the crunchy exterior mixed in) and the chicken, which I thought was a bit dry. The broad range of home made sauces, all delicious, greatly improved the dining experience. The real sleeper was home made sausage, some of the best I've ever tried. The collards and mac and cheese I chose for sides were good, but served in quite small portions, especially for a barbeque joint. The only discordant note was the cornbread, soggy and way too sweet. I'll definitely go back, but next time I'll try one of the options from the wood-fired oven -- like a pizza with house charcuterie.

• Visited August 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“Ribs great, but stupid sized sides”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Too tired to go out to eat but wanted to try their food. Ordered a take out of a full rack of St Louis ribs, which were EXCELLENT. Each order comes with two sides. We ordered coleslaw and mashed potatoes. Each of these only partially filled the two small sections of the standard folded take out container....I am NOT exaggerating when I say there was less than 1/3 c of each (I was so astonished that I actually measured the amount). And the tasty BBQ sauce that was included was a tiny single cup that holds <1.5 oz...???...give me a break!!...<1.5 oz sauce for an entire rack of sauce-free dry rubbed ribs?
What I don't understand is why they skimp on items that must be the least costly part of running their business. It creates ill will and doesn't match the main item ordered.
Bottom line...ribs were great. But insist on appropriate side servings and check them before you leave the place if you are doing takeout!

Visited September 2013