“Wow! What pizza!”

Flat Rock Wood Room
Cuisines: Barbecue, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant prepares award winning barbecue meats and gourmet wood fired brick oven pizzas. With a state of the art smoker, Flat Rock Wood Room smokes pork, brisket, and chicken which are used to create our appetizing sandwiches. Our barbecue restaurant does not stop there, we also create one of a kind entrees such as pulled pork platters, St. Louis full rack rib platters, smoked 1/2 chicken platters, and brisket patters, just to mention a few. Maybe BBQ is not what you crave, no problem, we also specialize in wood fired oven pizzas. With our Neapolitan pizza oven we are sure to please the most discriminating taste buds serving our flavorful pizzas.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This restaurant advertises that it is famous for its BBQ, having won lots of awards over the years. Pizza seems to be a secondary specialty, but I'm not a big BBQ fan, so pizza was on my list for the evening. Was I ever surprised! My husband and I shared a sausage and mushroom pizza that was as good as any pizza I've ever had anywhere. That's saying something since we live near Philadelphia and have access to lots of good Italian eateries.
I know we'll go back to the Wood Room on our next visit to the area. I'm already craving another pizza so much that my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The favors were delicious, but everything was cold. We ordered the sampler platter because we wanted a sampling of all the award winning BBQ. The ribs and brisket were very tender and flavorful. The pulled pork was moist, but the pulled chicken was dry. The corn bread was advertised as one of Guy Fieri's favorites, it was very sweet but very cold, the butter wouldn't even melt. My husband wasn't a fan of the Mac n cheese, but I just loved the sweet potato fries. (They were the only thing that was warm on my plate). Recommend for the flavor, but make sure to ask for it to be warm.

2  Thank Beth R
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Five of us were on a short fall vacation for a few days. We had driven from Dillsboro to Hendersonville for apples. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at this restaurant. Wood fired thin crust pizza & paninnis were great. Freshly made french fries were delicious too. Good beer selection, including local brews. They also have outside eating in the front of the restaurant. Good service. Would return when in the area. . .

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

If you are in the Hendersonville/Flat Rock area, this is a good choice for barbecue and wood fired pizza. I had a pulled pork sandwich and sweet potatoe fries dusted with maple-cinnamon dust. Delicious!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Kim and Wayne have created a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for good food and good cheer. Wine list is limited. The wood-fired oven give their pizza a great crust. Excellent BBQ, especially the brisket.