“A great place without driving to a ski slop”
Review of Moonshine Mountain

Moonshine Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Spartanburg, South Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A great place without driving to a ski slop”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went with a group of friends and we had a blast. You can go solo or if you are with a group you can link up and go down. I am 50 and had a blast. We went down forward, backwards, facing each other , as a group,etc. It is a wonderful place to go and I can't wait to go back next year. Everyone there was having a great time. Everyone in our group had a great time and we are all planning on going back next year. The staff were very helpful and they made the trip fun too. Great place for kids and adults alike. It is not a huge snow slop but still a great place to go. Just high enough you can get some good speed and have a great time. If you don't want to drive all the way to the upper mountains for some snow fun, then this is the place to go. Great for family, friends, and groups.

4 Thank bbqmac

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome snow tubing!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My whole family went to Moonshine for the first time this past Saturday -- it was fantastic! Minimal wait time, ample parking, and a great price. Everyone loved it - from the youngest in our group (age 4) to the oldest (age 71). Riding up on the lift was nearly as much fun as the fast ride down! But what I valued most was the ensured safety of all riders. Numerous staff persons make sure that riders stay safe during the snow tubing - very comforting for a mother. We can't wait to return again!

5 Thank Bee232323
Greenville, South Carolina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“What a Blast!!!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have been passing this place since the day it opened as my parents own a summer home around the corner. I had been too scared to try, but as I'm trying to expand my horizons, I said I was going to try to go this winter. Now I'm sorry that I didn't try sooner!!! Went with a group of people from our Meetup Group and really, we had a great time. The first time down was the scariest for me, but it got easier each time. Everyone enjoyed it and we know we will go back next year. Props to the owner for letting us join our friend who was late...we all truly appreciated it. The only downside is for our friends who are over the weight limit, none who came with us this time, but there is no way in the world they would have been able to climb up on foot, little kids had a hard time, so my suggestion for us older folks who are over the 250lb weight limit, I would probably not recommend it to them. Already looking forward to going next year!!!

Simpsonville, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go early or you will be out of luck!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I went to Moonshine Mountain with my son, my friend and her son on March 1, 2014. We read the reviews and noticed there were a lot of people complaining about long waits to get tubes so we decided to get there as close to opening as possible (we were driving in from out of state but only about 1-1 1/2 hour drive). We get there 30 minutes after it opened and we're told they are sold out of tubes and it would be at least 1 1/2 hour wait and that we should probably just come back tomorrow. The attendant told us that Sundays were a better day to come than Saturdays. I called Friday (the day before we came) and asked a bunch of questions. Wish they would have told us that when I called. It looked like someone's backyard but with 3 trails covered with man-made snow. I was expecting more of a snow resort sort of thing. In all fairness, it DID look like everyone was having fun (even though there were very long lines for them to get to the top of the slide). The bridge has a limit of 5 ppl on it at a time but there were 6 ppl standing on it taking pictures of their friends and when you tell them you are trying to get across so you can get to your car they just looked at me like I had 3 heads. If you plan on coming make sure you get there right at opening and (b/c they won't tell you) Sunday's are a better day to come. Don't expect a ski resort look to it and you'll have a great time.

2 Thank Tiffany H
Paris, Tennessee
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“WOW-Wonderful fun time,loved it!!!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friends and I wanted to go snow tubing on our girls vacation. We were staying in Maggie Valley, N.C. and were glad we drove over to Moonshine Mountain. We are all over 50 and we had a BLAST!!!. Bob meet us in the parking lot and gave us instructions on signing in and some tips for having a good time. Everyone was friendly and it's so much safer then the tubing in Maggie Valley. We had no lines or waiting and runs were great. I hope to go back again.

Visited February 2014