“Just checked in ... and now really want to check our”

Red Roof Inn Hendersonville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Jacksonville, Florida
“Just checked in ... and now really want to check our”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Just arrived at this hotel. We called ahead and were promised rooms across from each other. We gave them our credit card to hold the room. I do not want to throw the desk clerk under the bus, as she did give us a discount on the rooms, but leave it to say that she had not bothered to book the rooms with the credit card until we showed up at 730 pm. Even though we had agreed to be bound for a let check in. The rooms we did get were disgusting. The soap holder in one room had 5 pubic hairs sitting on it. Nice cleaning? The other room, has a a small fridge with a dirty wet towel in it, and the carpet in the hall smelled like several gallons of beer had been spilt on it. We tried to find another room elsewhere, but the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn were sold out. Caveat Emptor!!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed there during Thanksgiving, after a very long drive. The room was large, clean, and perfect for us and our pets. There was plenty of room to walk the dog and the cat was able to watch the world outside through the windows. The staff was friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend this hotel if you travel with your critters!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. We appreciate the great review and look forward to seeing you again.
new albany, Indiana
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here overnight on our way to Myrtle Beach, with my wife and children. Didn't arrive till after midnight, and was met by a wonderful desk clerk although his name escapes me. We found the room to be great, very clean and quiet, and the beds were very comfortable. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a good place to stay for peace and quiet. No traffic and no load neighbors, besides there is an Outback in walking distance of the hotel. It is on a side street so you have to look for the cut off but it is worth the time to do so. There is not a coffee pot in the room but there is a microwave and re fridge. Coffee is available 24 hours a day in the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are on the back side next to the woods.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hopedale, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stopped there on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel was nice and clean. You had a contential breakfast as well. Make sure you find time to go see Triple Falls while there, it is breathtaking!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheri C
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you so much for taking time to write a review for us. It's very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Next time you are are here, you might also want to spend some time in the Pisgah National Forest. The waterfalls and other scenery are great, and there are so many hiking trails available. Thanks again. Hoping you have an outstanding summer!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I booked here because of the good TripAdvisor ratings. I knew something was wrong when I was met by many people tending to dogs in the parking lot. When they say this place is pet friendly its an understatement. Every guest, but me, had multiple dogs. Apparently there was a show in town. Barking all night - going up and down the hall. There was no sleep to be had here. The room was OK but the TV remote was dead. I survived it but am glad my wife or family were not with me. IF you are brave enough to stay in this place ask if they're having a dog show within 50 miles.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
DN1601, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
I was very sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay at our Red Roof Inn. Each June our friends from the AKC are in town for the the dog show. They are very responsible pet owners and try very hard to be good neighbors. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide a more pleasant and enjoyable stay for you in the future. We will do our best to provide the best service we possibly can Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I try to use each review as an opportunity to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stay at this property every year for the same golf tournament & we book the SAME room with a Jacuzzi each year. Well, I will NEVER stay here again because this time the Manager was sooo rude! We checked in on May 20th and were scheduled to stay for 2 nights, but left after ONLY 1 bc the Manager upset me so bad. We arrived Sunday evening and the "new" lady who at the front desk was slow, but very nice. We told her that we would be staying 2nights if my fiance did well in his golf tournament the next day or only one if he did not. I told her that we would know if he was gong to be called back for the 2nd day of the tournament by 1pm, so to please give us a late check out unless we needed to stay another night. She said she had notated that in the computer & that our room was in fact avail for the next night. We then left for dinner and brought her back fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts for being so nice. Well, the next morning I was feeling under the weather and decided to go back to the hotel and lay down after dropping him off at the golf course. I put the "Do NOT Disturb" on the door and housekeeping began knocking on the door OVER and OVER at 10am! I was so annoyed I did not answer the door. Well, they came back 3 more times and called 2x. I was so PISSED and nauseous I did not answer. Well, at 11:15 the Manager comes back beating on the door VERY loudly screaming "You need to GET OUT, check out was at 11" I opened the door and said that we were going to stay another night. She said "How do you know this room is even available?" and I said "Because I asked the girl at the front desk the night before" she said "That doesn't mean its still available" I said, "You know what, forget it, Ill go elsewhere" and she said "Whatever" and walked away. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! This place is a total DUMP and the rooms are filthy and the linens are all stained. It needs updating BAD!!! I don't know why I ever came back here anyway! You just lost me as a customer at ANY Red Roof Inn FOREVER!!! BTW the bed is as HARD as a ROCK & the pillows are pitiful!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
DN1601, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
I am sorry that you disagree so strongly with our policy asking our guests to check out by eleven or notify the front desk that you wish to extend your stay. I believe this is standard procedure for all hotels. It is never our intention to appear rude by asking that you abide by our policy. It's our goal to have each of our guests leave having rested well and enjoyed a pleasant stay. We are disappointed when we cannot accomplish this.