“Inexpensive and Decent”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Ripon, Wisconsin
“Inexpensive and Decent”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We look for inexpensive overnight lodging when traveling but also like to stay at a clean, friendly hotel. This hotel fit the bill. The surprise was no carpeting in the room--faux hardwood. It worked fine and was very clean. This room also had a wing-backed chair for comfortable sitting. The rest of the room looked updated and similar to other budget hotels. The breakfast had few choices, but was plenty for us and prepared us for traveling. Another surprise was this hotel had an elevator. Would I stay here again-yes. Would I recommend for lodging-yes.

Room Tip: This hotel had an elevator which made all rooms easily accessible so choose the top floor so no one...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Playthrough1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Best Western Hendersonville is a good value. The price is reasonable and the rooms are comfortable.

Checking was seamless, I had reserved online, and the rooms were ready when I arrived. The room was large and comfortable. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There was always plenty of hot water.

The room had a hair dryer, large flat screen TV and plenty of outlets for charging things. Two Queen beds, and a table and chairs for working or eating. There was plenty of drawer and closet space. Soap and shampoo were replenished daily.

The free breakfast includes coffee and juice, instant grits, oatmeal, English muffins and waffles you can make yourself. It is not the buffet at the Grove Park Inn, but it is filling and quick. The coffee was very good.

The rooms don't have carpet which I think is a big plus, as carpet seems to get dirty in hotels very quickly. Since the Red Roof Inn allows pets (there is a $5 charge for more than one if I recall from the sign at the front desk) having linoleum floors is a great idea, they can be easily sanitized should a pet (or a human for that matter) have an accident.

There is an Outback Steakhouse adjacent, and several other restaurants within a mile. Downtown Hendersonville is about a five minute drive away.

Room Tip: We had rooms on both floors, there is an elevator if you have a lot to carry. If you have a pet get...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This RRI is in the middle of renovations, or at least I think so. I regularly visit HVL to visit my parents, and the RRI is very convenient to them, to I26, shopping, and right next to the Outback Steakhouse, offering a "walk-to" option for dinning. Being a RRI, one doesn't look for luxury, but the last couple of visits, in lieu of the nearby Hampton Inn, because we had a dog in tow, have been pretty disappointing. Carpeting has been removed, and replaced with fake hardwood floors, thru which all sounds travel. The wallpaper has been removed, but not replaced, leaving the walls unfinished. The beat-up furniture remains, not yet updated. And then there was the roach in the sink. I had thought after the October visit that the renovation job would be completed, but not so. The staff are very friendly, if a bit casual, with them smoking a fair bit at the door. The cleaning room door is always open, exposing you to laundry machines, cleaning carts etc. Overall, the plays feels dumpy, and the "dining" area smelled of baby diapers two mornings. If you have a choice, steer clear of this place unless the above doesn't deter you. One real positive thing, the king size bed slept very well.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower numbered 100 series room on the first floor; they are close to the ice maker and the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ViewfromLogan

Travellers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Pet policy changed and we were not notified until our arrival. When trying to negotiate with the desk clerk, he immediately and repeatedly offered to cancel our reservation that had been made more than a month before our visit. Then, despite previous and repeated requests for a ground level room, we were placed in a room that appeared to be in some state of remodeling. Sockets falling from walls and falling shelves in closet area, to name the most frightening of the problems. The response to our survey answers, in which we named the issues: "Thanks and apologies." from management . No other message was received from her. We won't return, which is a shame because our previous stays were great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sobeam
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you have ever stayed in Hendersonville you know there are a row of moderately priced motels standing all in a row. It would appear that they are all the same and that the least expensive would not be as good as the most expensive. Even though all these accomodations are close in price and size, there is a difference. I have stayed in them all over the last few years and there is a clear cut difference to me. The Red Roof Inn is both comfortable and well maintained, but it is its service and staff that are better in this travelers opinion. They also are up to date and very clean. I was not looking for plush or jaw dropping accomodations. I just wanted a very clean,comfortable and well kept facility that offered the usual amentities. I expected that the staff would be attentive and polite to all of its customers at any of the facilities. These areas of expectations and desires were not present at all the properties. The RRI had these things and it's price was the best to boot. I highly recommend it .

Room Tip: It is also pet friendly
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mickey B
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for the taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We know our guests are busy and it means a lot when someone takes time to let us know how we're doing. I'm glad we could make your stay comfortable and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Brevard, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I've stayed at this RRI several times. It's in a good location--right off I-26, but not particularly loud--and the people are always friendly. The only complaint is that a lot of the rooms don't have a coffee maker.

Room Tip: If you like a good cup first thing, bring your travel coffee maker.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We always strive to be clean and friendly and appreciate hearing where our guests see room for improvement. We hope to see you again in your future travels.
North Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our room was very spacious with new hardwood flooring. King size bed which was fairly comfortable. Gary at the front desk was extremely helpful and very nice. Gave good directions to several places we wanted to go to. The other staff members were also very pleasant.
We were on the second floor but not a problem for my amputee hubby as there is an elevator. Friendly for pets, one of my dogs is blind so she always travels with us. I didn't worry about her getting the hardwood floor a bit wet, while looking for her water bowl. She got a good nights sleep on her own bed.( I brought from home)
They didn't charge me for the second tiny dog we also had with us. Nice open field next door to walk them in, I felt safe walking them late at night and before the light of dawn.
I did miss the hair-dryer, microwave, coffee pot and small fridge usually found in Red Roof Inn's rooms. Breakfast limited so we elected to eat elsewhere, but the coffee in the lobby was good and fresh.

Room Tip: Room 206 is large- they could add fridge, microwave easily and still it would be spacious.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kittylatte
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We love getting feedback from our guests. We are looking into adding more mic/fridge rooms in the future. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you in the future.