“Basic but clean”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Charlevoix
“Basic but clean”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We made reservations in advance, because the Red Roof is pet friendly, & reasonably priced. I did request a ground floor room, which was not available when we arrived. They have designated rooms for the travelers with pets. The room was clean, with adequate linens, bare floors, but no coffee makers, refrig, microwave, or hair dryers. Breakfast was quite limited, with only toast, English muffins, & frozen waffles. There is no charge for the first dog, but only $7 for a second one. Our full price was $57 plus tax, which is much less than the Comfort Inn next door. Parking is very easy, & The Outback is across the parking lot.

Room Tip: They all seem to be very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great place to stay for someone that is on a budget. It is very clean and the customer service is great. Todd checked me in and went out of his way to make me comfortable and pleased. I had made a last min change to stay here that day and the hotel was completely booked and I happened to get the last room. The room had a problem where the light over the sink was not working. Todd explained that up front and allowed me to go check it out. Wires were sticking out of the fixture but the room was very clean. I did opt to move to another room, which he did with no problems. This room was very clean and quiet. The overall condition of the hotel is clean and well kept, however could use some updating. Don't expect a holiday inn express or a Hampton Inn here. However if you're on a budget, I find it a great place to stay and highly recommend. Great customer service.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Ripon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We look for inexpensive overnight lodging when traveling but also like to stay at a clean, friendly hotel. This hotel fit the bill. The surprise was no carpeting in the room--faux hardwood. It worked fine and was very clean. This room also had a wing-backed chair for comfortable sitting. The rest of the room looked updated and similar to other budget hotels. The breakfast had few choices, but was plenty for us and prepared us for traveling. Another surprise was this hotel had an elevator. Would I stay here again-yes. Would I recommend for lodging-yes.

Room Tip: This hotel had an elevator which made all rooms easily accessible so choose the top floor so no one...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Playthrough1
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The Best Western Hendersonville is a good value. The price is reasonable and the rooms are comfortable.

Checking was seamless, I had reserved online, and the rooms were ready when I arrived. The room was large and comfortable. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There was always plenty of hot water.

The room had a hair dryer, large flat screen TV and plenty of outlets for charging things. Two Queen beds, and a table and chairs for working or eating. There was plenty of drawer and closet space. Soap and shampoo were replenished daily.

The free breakfast includes coffee and juice, instant grits, oatmeal, English muffins and waffles you can make yourself. It is not the buffet at the Grove Park Inn, but it is filling and quick. The coffee was very good.

The rooms don't have carpet which I think is a big plus, as carpet seems to get dirty in hotels very quickly. Since the Red Roof Inn allows pets (there is a $5 charge for more than one if I recall from the sign at the front desk) having linoleum floors is a great idea, they can be easily sanitized should a pet (or a human for that matter) have an accident.

There is an Outback Steakhouse adjacent, and several other restaurants within a mile. Downtown Hendersonville is about a five minute drive away.

Room Tip: We had rooms on both floors, there is an elevator if you have a lot to carry. If you have a pet get...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This RRI is in the middle of renovations, or at least I think so. I regularly visit HVL to visit my parents, and the RRI is very convenient to them, to I26, shopping, and right next to the Outback Steakhouse, offering a "walk-to" option for dinning. Being a RRI, one doesn't look for luxury, but the last couple of visits, in lieu of the nearby Hampton Inn, because we had a dog in tow, have been pretty disappointing. Carpeting has been removed, and replaced with fake hardwood floors, thru which all sounds travel. The wallpaper has been removed, but not replaced, leaving the walls unfinished. The beat-up furniture remains, not yet updated. And then there was the roach in the sink. I had thought after the October visit that the renovation job would be completed, but not so. The staff are very friendly, if a bit casual, with them smoking a fair bit at the door. The cleaning room door is always open, exposing you to laundry machines, cleaning carts etc. Overall, the plays feels dumpy, and the "dining" area smelled of baby diapers two mornings. If you have a choice, steer clear of this place unless the above doesn't deter you. One real positive thing, the king size bed slept very well.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower numbered 100 series room on the first floor; they are close to the ice maker and the...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank ViewfromLogan

Travellers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Pet policy changed and we were not notified until our arrival. When trying to negotiate with the desk clerk, he immediately and repeatedly offered to cancel our reservation that had been made more than a month before our visit. Then, despite previous and repeated requests for a ground level room, we were placed in a room that appeared to be in some state of remodeling. Sockets falling from walls and falling shelves in closet area, to name the most frightening of the problems. The response to our survey answers, in which we named the issues: "Thanks and apologies." from management . No other message was received from her. We won't return, which is a shame because our previous stays were great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sobeam
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

If you have ever stayed in Hendersonville you know there are a row of moderately priced motels standing all in a row. It would appear that they are all the same and that the least expensive would not be as good as the most expensive. Even though all these accomodations are close in price and size, there is a difference. I have stayed in them all over the last few years and there is a clear cut difference to me. The Red Roof Inn is both comfortable and well maintained, but it is its service and staff that are better in this travelers opinion. They also are up to date and very clean. I was not looking for plush or jaw dropping accomodations. I just wanted a very clean,comfortable and well kept facility that offered the usual amentities. I expected that the staff would be attentive and polite to all of its customers at any of the facilities. These areas of expectations and desires were not present at all the properties. The RRI had these things and it's price was the best to boot. I highly recommend it .

Room Tip: It is also pet friendly
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mickey B
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you so much for the taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We know our guests are busy and it means a lot when someone takes time to let us know how we're doing. I'm glad we could make your stay comfortable and look forward to seeing you again in the future.