“Nice and Clean”

Red Roof Inn Hendersonville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this RRI three nights last week and found it clean, convenient and comfortable. The price is right. Don't expect a lot of frills - basic necessities. Seems they had a very basic breakfast - we didn't eat there.

Room Tip: We asked for a non-smoking room and got one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janie R
Dionna J, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Hendersonville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We are currently looking into a restructuring of our continental breakfast. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was not a good place to stay. Luckily stayed just 1 night. About $95. We've stayed at alot of Red Roof Inns, w/ and w/o dogs before, and this is the 2nd worst (the worst was in Cumberland MD). Here are the main (showstopper) issues: 1) The room had an overwhelming smell of large wet dogs. 2) The pillows were crumbly; basically had fallen apart into golf-size balls fragments. 3) The toilet seat was disgusting. Not dirty, but yellowing and discolored. 4) The sheet had a faded blood stain (we avoided that side of the bed!).

This was apparently recently remodeled. Updated bed, furnishings and laminate floor. but unbelievably we had these major issues. They did all that remodeling and apparently didn't touch any A/C units in the process. They seem to have a ALOT of dogs staying here. That's OK but they aren't doing the required follow up maintenance. The night we were there was a dog show the next day. It seemed most rooms had dogs. We were told that all rooms would smell about the same. To help the smell, we removed the A/C cover. The cover was FULL of dog smell (not so much dog hair though). That removed about 30% of the smell. We went to the front desk to swap pillows. After looking through some pillows in the side room for a bit, they gave us the best they could find, which were pillows which had tennis ball sized lumps instead of golf ball sized lumps. And I'm talking about the entire pillow. And they couldn't replace the $30 toilet seat during remodeling? Yuck, what else don't we know about?

I stay at a lot of places throughout the year so I have a good reference of comparison.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless absolutely necessary.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank poalan
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This isn't the worst hotel/motel we've ever stayed in, but it was the worst $114 room. It was filthy. The white grout was black. A layer of dust/dirt was so thick that it appeared felt-like.The beds are horribly uuncomfortable, and the HVAC was deafeningly loud. The soap raked and was made from vegetable oil. Disgusting...the whole experience. We travel constantly. This was AWFUL.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jon I
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We paid 88 bucks a night and that's about what we got. Check in was easy, but when I got to the room I called for a coffee maker. The woman told me their coffee was great, but I drink cuban coffee and no hotel has that. At first she said it only comes with a king room (?) but then said it was extra. Guess I need to bring one from home in the future.

We stayed on the second floor where the ice machine sign leads you to a big empty area where I guess there USED to be one. Going downstairs for ice or coffee? Not very nice.

Breakfast was english muffins, oatmeal, and juice. If we had traveled with little kids they would have been out of luck with no fruit or cold cereal.

The location is good- very close to the interstate and an Outback Steakhouse across the parking lot.

The room carpet was replaced with laminate, which gave it a cleaner appearance. Temperature was fine, bathroom ok, but whomever hung the curtain rod over the window needed a level. This hotel could be brought up to speed with a handyman's touch and a little more customer service.The picture glass over one bed was broken. TV functioned just fine. We did not try the wi-fi. I think I'll pass from now on.

Room Tip: Try Echo Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here last year and thought it was a very pleasant hotel. They have done some updating - the rooms had Pergo type flooring instead of carpet which was nice, but the room was in poor shape. It was very clean, but They had obviously pulled wallpaper off the walls in the both the bedroom and the bathroom and just painted without cleaning the crusty glue and stuff off first. I think if we stay in Hendersonville again next year on our way to the beach I will find a different hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joy H

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issues you listed. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I've stayed here a dozen times over the last few years, and the property was always well-maintained and reasonably priced.

Those days are apparently over. The TV was too fuzzy to watch, and the wifi didn't work. The A/C unit dripped all over the nice fake wood floor.

The manager, a 60-year-old brunette woman, made me wait 15 minutes to check in while she sat on the phone openly discussing how she was going to have to fire another employee. When she finally bothered to hang up, she still looked down as though texting and paid more attention to her Angry Birds than to the customers. This rudeness continued as she told me that despite my reservation for a room on an upper floor with fridge and coffeemaker, she only had a room on the first floor, near the ice machine, with no amenities.

The other employees, a young black female and an older white female, were polite and friendly. Also, the housekeeping staff did a good job of making the room look better than it was.

The room, as described above, was substandard for this chain and for the price I paid.

Perhaps the owner, Mr. Patel (no, really!), has decided not to bother maintaining his property. Maybe it's in foreclosure and he's just milking whatever cash he can take before the bank takes over. Doesn't much matter to me; I can't imagine staying here again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. If you still decide to stay here, insist on an upper floor, in the back.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Although I dislike giving negative reviews, I want to warn others about this motel. The clerk at the hotel was very professional and helpful and is the only reason that I am rating this motel "Poor" instead of "Terrible". She should seek employment in a better motel! The hall where our room was located smelled very "pet friendly", but our room did not have an unpleasant smell. The bedroom area was okay although the furniture was worn and the walls had multiple areas where the paint was chipped off. The bathroom area was a disaster with hair in the sink and on the towel by the sink, graffiti on the bathroom doorknob that had been marked over in pencil (an attempt to "clean it up"?), the commode seat was halfway painted a different color from the other side of the seat, walls and floors were dirty-you get the idea. The final straw was turning back the linens on the bed to discover that they had a musty and definitely not clean smell. In the morning the toilet backed up. We don't expect luxury from a budget motel, but at the price of $86.48 for one night, which included an AARP discount, it's not unreasonable to expect basic cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple