“Great fun for the kids!”
Review of Grandad's Apples

Grandad's Apples
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Buxton, NC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great fun for the kids!”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our 5 year old loved riding the little cow train ride that went through the corn field and apple orchard. Delicious fry cakes and Bar B Q and refreshing apple cider slushies! Enjoyed relaxing on the hill and taking in the breathtaking views of mountains.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Carolyn S

Durham, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great selection of apples, fun place for younger kids”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went to Grandad's specifically for the types of apples they had available to pick, but also because we thought their other offerings (corn maze, cow train, barnyard, pumpkins, etc.) might interest the six-year-old with us. Unfortunately, most of the activities were aimed more at very young children (2-4), and we weren't willing to pay for the corn maze. But the apple selection was great, we enjoyed picking, and they had more apple-based baked goods than I expected -- the cider donuts, of course, but also apple pies, fried apple pies, apple turnovers. And you can't beat fresh cider. We were pleased with the pricing (apples are more expensive at the state farmer's market in Raleigh) and the quality of the apples.

Visited October 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rude staff and overpriced!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My family and kids live locally and enjoy the various orchards that we have here in NC. Today we went to try Grandad's and we were extremely disappointed! The merchandise was all overpriced! After picking overpriced fruit my 2 kids picked up an apple from the ground. We were soon approached from a rude worker/ owner who told us we needed to pay extra since our bag was too full if we take those 2 apples as well (not true). We offered to hand them back to her even though they were from the ground. she said I had to pay an extra fee
that depended on the apples weight! Really?? My kids were upset in tears and I was embarrassed! Oh did I mention I spent $30 on apple cider,animal feed, rides, fruit etc and she makes me pay extra for an apple off the ground that would have fit in my bag that I prepaid for? What kind of customer service is this? Go to Sky Top Apple Orchard!!

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Avltracy
Tampa, Florida
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Apple Cider Donuts”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stopped in August so there was no fresh cider or apples, but those donuts were worth the quick stop. They also had other in season fresh fruit for sale as well as jams and other treats.

Visited August 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great local apples”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This place has local apples, apple pies, cider, pumpkins, corn maze & cow ride for little ones. Great place to take the family.

Visited November 2012