“Wonderful winery”

Burntshirt Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the serenity when you drive in one of NC's newest vineyards surrounded by apple orchards and 19 acres of grapes. Enjoy a tasting of our 7 award-winning wines for only $7, and take home a complimentary glass etched with our logo. Feel free to bring your picnic lunch to pair with a glass of wine on our terrace or picnic tables. Don't forget to take home a bottle of Burntshirt wine, sold only at our tasting room.
Poughkeepsie, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful winery”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here. Dig friendly. Beautiful grounds. Apple trees on the other side. Patio for a quick bite. We had wonderful hot dig platters with homemade baked beans slaw and potato salad. Wine tasting was fun and tasty and got a free glass. The wine bottles hanging from the tree was a great look and idea. They do weddings and Donner's. Beautiful spot and easy to get back to Asheville from there.

Rock Hill, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Eh...”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pretty place. Had a nice wine tasting experience. Our wine server was very friendly. Really cool that they are dog friendly. You can even take your dog into the tasting room.

I hate to give this place anything but a positive review. But unfortunately...we had a small issue.
We did our wine tasting, decided on a bottle of wine to take home and purchased it. I looked at my receipt because I noticed that the amount was more than I was expecting. A more expensive bottle of wine than what we got was listed on the receipt, but the bottle we meant to get was the correct one in our bag. (It's almost as if the barcode on the bottle was incorrect.)

The girl apologized and got someone else to help. Well, this person tried her hardest to convince us to just purchase the more expensive bottle. Well, we didn't want that. We like the wine that we had already chosen. She said again, "well, you can do what you want, but I promise you, this wine is much better." Um...no, again, we dont want that. We did the wine tasting and we want what we had already picked out.

So...finally she said she would give a refund but that it would take about 10 days. I asked if she could just give me $$ for the difference. She said no. Well, I guess I can understand that. I wasn't going to be complicated.

However, she asked for my credit card again...and made a photo copy of it!! Which makes me a little uneasy. What should have happened, as I work in customer service, is we should have been offered the mistaken bottle that was rung up for free. Especially if they cant give refunds for their error until 10 business days.

So now...I have about $60 coming out of my account when it should only be $31.
$14 for 2 tastings + a $17 bottle of wine.

The charge was $38. And NOW, I look at my account today and there is a new $18 charge along with the $38.
I'm sure the $18 today is them ringing up the CORRECT bottle. But still...that's $60 out of my account when I was only expecting $30. They should not have rang up anything else on my card UNTIL I am refunded.

Just a situation that could have been handled a little better.
I'm sure it's a rare situation. But if you go...make sure you're paying for the bottle of wine that you actually purchased. Sounds like some barcodes may be messed up.

6 Thank stephanie m
Matthews, North Carolina
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A great find!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stopped at this vineyard on our way to Asheville. We were so impressed with the grounds and the facility, especially considering it has only been open for 2 years. They have a great tasting staff and they make you feel very much at home. We tasted a broad range of wines and were pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety of wine being produced. We ended up leaving with several bottles that we are already enjoying at home. If you get the chance, be sure to stop at this vineyard and allow time to sit outside with a glass.

Lancaster, New York
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Decent Wines, Spectacular Views”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The wines were decent, but the views on the grounds of the winery are amazing. I like sweeter wines, but the ones available for tasting were not my favorites (more on the dry side). However, the wines were still smooth, crisp, and enjoyable. We had a relaxing time, and would go back someday when we are in the area again. Our server was knowledgeable about the wines and was very friendly. We also got to try the Blueberry Pomegranate smoothie - very delicious and refreshing. There is an area to eat a picnic lunch and look out at the gorgeous views of the vineyards and landscaped land. There is also a free tour available of the grounds and wine making facility.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great views at this winery”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The winery grounds are spectacular. They let us each the lunch we brought along right inside the banquet facility. It was beautiful. There are many unique displays and the view out the wall of windows looks out over the vineyards beyond.
This is a first class place.

Visited March 2014