“Great BLT”

Ranked #97 of 200 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Hendersonville
“Great BLT”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I couldn't believe how much bacon was in my BLT!! It was crispy and done just right. I had a side of cole slaw which was good also. The service was friendly and fast.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Emmy D

Horse Shoe, North Carolina
“Tooley's In Laural Park, NC”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food was good, but not as many choices as some might like. Service good and prices fair. I am fine with it, but my wife limited on what she would order due to being a vegetarian. I would recommend giving it a try though.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Frank H
Asheville, North Carolina
“Excellent place to eat!! We always feel welcome no matter how busy!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is in response to the review posted on November 18th. I am a repeated customer at Tooley's and I have always found the food and service to be excellent. They have always gave me more condiments as I have needed. Putting the condiments on tables I feel is unsanitary and not very pleasing to the eye. As far as the sign at the register concerning the mints, I find it respective of the owner to remind people to think of others and not be greedy. Your overall review in general was good about the food and overall experience, but why be petty about the small things. I am grateful to have such a great restaurant were I can come and feel welcome and know I will be satisfied with my experience. So please give the owner and servers a break on your judgement concerning such small and petty things. I will also remind you fast food chains charge extra for condiments and even water. I feel this review was written by someone who has no value on how hard people work to serve the public. My each and every experience at tooleys has been Wonderful!!!

• Visited December 2013
Montgomery, Texas
“Homemade and fresh!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

A fantastic place to try if you are in Hendersonville. Many dishes made from scratch. I visited on Nov. 30, 2013 and had the Mia's Club which was small in proportion served on sourdough bread. Served with French fries. The sandwich was nothing I would eat again nor were the fries impressive. I would recommend The Horseshoe Cafe located down the street and run by a former world class chef. Highly recommend Horseshoe Cafe. For good Mexican try Sol Y Luna located in the sane shopping center (laurel park) as tooleys cafe.

• Visited November 2013
The Villages, Florida
“Nice local cafe but not perfect”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This place is a very short distance from Gardner's Cottage where we stayed. It came recommended to us by locals so we gave it a try for lunch. Our party of four each had different sandwich offerings and we all found our food good. Nice portions, reasonably priced, hot, fresh ingredients, and nicely presented. We split two pieces of pie for dessert and they were also nice portions and tasty. Service was OK but not great. The place was about half full for lunch. Our waitress was right there when we arrived and our food came timely once we ordered. But we weren't ready to order immediately on her first visit, and there was a lengthy wait until she noticed us again and took our order. During our meal we needed a couple condiment items and getting her attention was nearly impossible. Finally one of our party went to her and said we needed help. She returned to clear dishes at the end of the meal timely and presented the check timely. Just a little slow checking back during the meal which was an irritation. The other oddity that turned us all off was when taking our sandwich orders, she asked each one of us if we wanted the dill pickle spear. She said if we didn't want it, they didn't want to waste it. Hummm...ok. Then when our sandwiches came, there was one small condiment bowl with literally one tablespoon of ketchup per bowl for a generous pile of fries that accompanied our sandwiches. Gimme me a break. This is a Mom and Pop place...a local diner...put the ketchup and mustard bottles on the table for goodness sakes! When one person said they'd need a lot more ketchup our waitress brought just one more of those tiny servings. Finally at check out...you take ur check to the register...there was a nice basket of mints just as almost every place offers. However a little sign on the basket that said, "One mint per customer" turned me off. While the food was good, the place gave us the impression they were on the cheap, which detracted from our dining experience and made us wonder about the quality of ingredients they use. We like to visit local places when we travel and I can say this is the first time I've run into the owners being so obviously cheap. They would be much better off not giving the aura of cheap because their prices are on par with chain places.

• Visited November 2013