“A regular and never a disappointment”
Review of El Paso Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Paso Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$23
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A regular and never a disappointment”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We have been eating here since the restaurant opened and have seen them continually get better and better and they started out pretty darned good anyway. They have improved as time goes on and put money back into the building and it's interior as well as it's personnel.
I loved their Chicken soup so much I even bought a Mexican cook book to try and replicate it. But theirs is so good that it is hard to beat. Their margaritas are really the best I have ever had in a authentic Mexican eating place. The wait staff are always attentive and perceptive and their salsa is a real treat. It is not fancy but is a go-as-you-are-dressed kind of place and popular with families because it is reasonable and kid friendly. The décor inside is as close to Mexico as you are going to get in N.C. and the food always fresh and flavorful not to mention perfectly seasoned and hot. Their chicken dishes are always fresh not frozen and cooked perfectly each time with lots of fresh ingredients and honest to goodness, true to their country of origin seasoned with just enough spice and heat to make them great dishes. At the end of the meal they bring you their Little bites of a cinnamon sugared chip and whipped cream.
If ever we are in the mood for a good Mexican dish we are headed their way. Good choice all around.

• Visited May 2014

“Great food”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I love this place the food is great I love the cheese dip and their wings are better than the places that specialize in wings staff is friendly we had the fajitas and they were very good and well seasoned will be back
N

Southampton, Pennsylvania
“So much salt my food was preserved!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Yesterday we joined another couple for dinner at this location. We were very DISSAPOINTED. One of our orders asked to substitute chicken for beef, but the order came out wrong and, when advised of this, the waiter actually tried to argue about what was ordered. My macho burrito was so salty that it was almost inedible. I felt like I ingested a weeks worth if sodium in ine meal. My wife had Talapia, which she said was just average. Rather than serving rice or refried beans, they served Italian bread, which given this was Mexican food, we were surprised to say the least. Finally, the waiter we had was very unpleasant, never smiled, and never checked with us to see how we liked our meals or if we needed anything else. Overall, we were DISSAPOINTED and would not return again. if you want good Mexican food in Hendersonville, we reccomend Pappas and Beers, where we had a much better meal and better service as well.

• Visited April 2014
“nights out with friends”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

always started here, great food, nice service and amazing salsa bar. infinite tortilla chips with two dips are great too. strongly recommend

• Visited July 2013
stanv
“Best in Hendersonville”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Service is very quick. Menu options are just like any Mexican eatery in North America. It's not like the food I've eaten in Mexico City, Puebla, or Tlaxcala. But, it's good! And the service is very friendly.

• Visited March 2014