“Exactly As Expected”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I would have never eaten here if it were not recommended by the hotel. They told me it was a good place for kids on Main Street in Hendersonville even though it was an Irish pub. We found parking on the side of main street and walked to the restaurant on the wide sidewalks on Main Street. We sat outside and watched the classic cars and hot rods roll by.

The service was decent and attentive. I had the fish & chips as recommended but the server. It was excellent. Flaky white fish, perfectly cooked with the right amount of batter. My son even wanted to try some as it looked great on the plate and he loved it as well. I've been many place with fish & chips that have had old nasty fish, overcooked half-burnt fish, or chips that taste like fish. Not here. It was exactly what it should be. My son had mac-and-cheese, typical Kraft version and a hot dog on the side. The hot dog looked good, not a cheap nasty all-filler dog but a thick all-meat dog that looked like pure beef or something of equal quality. My son loved that as well.

The prices were reasonable, not cheap but fair. The service was good. The food was excellent. What more can you ask for? Don't let initial appearance fool you, this place is worth a try if you are looking for decent "pub food", even with the kids in tow. Oh... and yes, the do have a kids menu with the typical word find and coloring entertainment, crayons included.

There are newer reviews for Hannah Flanagan's Pub

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a great server and a great meal. I had the Irish stew which comes with a garden salad. The stew was very tasty with very tender meat as well as carrots and potato. The salad was very fresh. My husband had the fish and chips. They were good as well.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was recommended to go to Hannah Flanagan's while on a trip that took me through Hendersonville, NC this summer. Located right in the downtown section, it will be easy to spot this pub as you drive in town.

It was self seating in the bar area, and I took over a table to stretch out and relax after a very long day of riding. I was immediately greeted, and had a water with lemon and a sample of a couple beers in front of me quickly. Plenty of local and international taps are to chose from.

There are some bar games electronic/tv type, and they had a live trivia contest going on for gift certificates to the establishment. Fun place.

I enjoyed a drink before ordering their chicken wings. They were very good. Crispy, not overdone, and the sauces/spices I choose were spot on. I sampled a couple more local taps and headed out.

The staff never rushed me, and several different servers chatted it up with me based upon a shirt I was wearing, and the fact I had motorcycle gear with me.

People need to get away from the chain establishments in this town and experience some of the local fare.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We reached the restaurant on a late Saturday evening (around 10 pm) and we were amazed not only to find it open, but with a great friendly atmosphere inside. Delicious meal and great atmosphere.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband & I ate here last evening, outside. The service was very good. I had the Shepherd's Pie. It was good, but made with burger instead of lamb, so not the best I've had. My husband had the pot roast. That is not one of my favorite foods, but they sure do a good one. Lots of flavor & very tender. The full orders are large & make great leftovers.