“Nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining style: Casual Dining
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Nice waiter, friendly staff, good drinks. Our food was not memorable. I had the cottage pie. Watery gravy, rather tasteless dish. I was disappointed, as others reviewed it well on this site. My husband had the chicken curry, which was rather bland with little taste of curry. Very slow service, but OK since we were with friends and had a lot do good conversation. Nice, attractive restaurant. If I ever go again I will try the meatloaf as that was also recommended.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank nic60760

Mount Gilead, NC
“Repeat Customers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have gone to this restaurant a number of times over the years. The food has always been consistently excellent. We especially enjoy the seafood and the signature tomato bisque. The service can be a little erratic at times.

Visited October 2013
Amelia Island, Florida
“Hard to Beat for Great, Hot Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I took friends here last night and we all came away with huge smiles on our face. We've all vowed to dine here more often. Two of us had the wonderful meat loaf with delicious glazed carrots and roast potatoes, which included soup (Great Tomato Basil last night) or salad. These dishes were wonderfully HOT, freshly prepared, and, at $12 (!), we were awe-struck at the cost-quality ratio. My wife had Mac and Cheese and a Caesar salad, both very reasonably priced, while the last guest had the more expensive Seared Scallops on a bed of Spinach ($22), but she raved about this dish, too. All four of us can't wait to return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Third time, consistently good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

Food is very good. Last time I had the shrimp Alfredo. Sauce is outstanding. My wife likes the cottage pie. Service is a little slow but OK for relaxing evening. We'll definitely return.

Visited September 2013
Lewisville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I would come back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The cream of mushroom soup was wonderful and salads were good as well. Only one waiter but he ran around and made sure everyone was tended to. I will come back again.

• Visited August 2013