“My home pub!”

Ranked #27 of 195 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleveland, Ohio
“My home pub!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Rose is by far my most favorite pub on the planet! I am happily a regular. The food is great, the drink selection is awesome, and the service is just wonderful. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Excellent Food, and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have had the privilege of being a regular here for quite some time. The food is wonderful, and the staff are all very friendly and courteous. If you are in the mood for a good meal, and a Bit of atmosphere; you can't go wrong at The Black Rose pub.

“Bangers and mash”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Order bangers and mash on your next ( or first) visit. Nice pub style atmosphere. Did I mention that you should try the bangers and mash?

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“If you're not a smoker, don't go!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We were in the mood for pub food and had been to the Black Rose once before. My companion ordered the Reuben, which was quite tasty. I ordered the sirloin melt. It was tough and grisly. I sent it back and got a Reuben. As we were finishing our meal, we smelled tobacco smoke. We told our server, who was too busy to do much of anything. When we smelled it again, I asked to speak to the manager. He tried to explain it away because it seemed to be coming from a smoking area outside the back door. His response ways, "Do you want me to tell them not to smoke?" Then he left with, "Thank you for your input," which I interpreted as "I heard you, but I do not plan to do anything about the problem." WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING.

2 Thank Michael G
Robert M, Manager at Black Rose Pub, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Michael G,
What a busy snow day! We managed to get a good crew together despite the weather so we could provide a warm seat and hot food to our many locals and travelers that find themselves in walking distance. We did not, however, expect to be that busy. We will learn from your feedback and I promise you that we are always accountable for each and every guest experience. We need to be able to resolve problems even in the busiest of shifts and we certainly failed you this particular day.
I hope you won't allow this isolated incident to keep you away. You and I know we have great food and a great staff.
Hope to see you soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good pub food for a town the size of Hendersonville”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

True to it's name the pub offers up a good selection including the fare that you would expect at an English or Irish pub. I have had the Shepherds Pie, The Stew and a couple of other items English and found them very good. TH beer selection is good and had offerings in Browns and Porters which is not always the case. They do seem to cater to Western NC breweries which I appreciate. If you are there on weekends or in the summer you might want to consider a early or late seating due to the crowd. If the weather is good enjoy the sidewalk dining. Think about all the years that a local couldn't buy a beer much let alone drink it on Main Street.

Visited February 2014