“retro-gem”
Review of CedarWood Inn

CedarWood Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you like a "mom and pop" retro-motel that is clean with comfortable bed and very friendly service---then this is a great place for you. We can recommend room #22 as quiet and with a comfortable king bed. Not fancy and not close to the franchise row motels but convenient to DuPont State Forest and only minutes away from the stunning view provided by Jump-off Rock.

Room Tip: #22 is an easy in and easy out corner room with a comfortable king bed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I have to say, your very nice comments were spot on. The CedarWood Inn has never been portrayed as a fancy or uber sophisticated facility. We are clean (green clean), comfortable and try our very best to make you feel welcomed -- in the WNC tradition. Every room is reminiscent of the time the Inn was built in the 1950's. There are so many wonderful things to do in this area that, unless you have need to chill out, you will be going and doing then coming back to relax at the Inn. Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

If you remember the days of the Lone Ranger, you will remember the ambience of the small motor courts that sat along the roadways in the 50's.
CedarWood Inn is a preserved motor court with good mattresses, good showers and great coffee! The breakfast is a pretty spread of many different treats. Plenty to start your day. The coffee is hot and just strong enough. The visit with our hostess while we ate was a pleasant time .
The rooms are dated. But that is the point...this is a trip down memory lane. The walls are the original cedar paneling ( or is it Pine?) There are window air conditioners. The room is full of lamps, but it is still dark. Bathroom is very small, but has new fixtures and everything is sparkling clean. We are tall people and wonder why everyone installs child height toilets. As we age, that is becoming a real issue in many places.
Overall, we are glad we came.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FarleyJM
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

I appreciate hearing your comments on experiencing a trip back to days of yesteryear at our CedarWood Inn. That was exactly what I felt when I first saw this place and had a strong need to bring it back to its glory. Mom and Pop motor courts of the 1950's were great places to stay and enjoy the mountains. I do understand the "child size" issue and realize we are not that age any more. It's on my list of future enhancements. Thank you for taking your time to add your wonderful comments.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

With the rate of $90 + tax (right at $100) and a tiny room that looked like everything, including bedding, was a minimum of 30 years old, and the odor of mold or mildew (which seriously cleared up after we ran the AC unit and opened the windows, leading me to think this place was not occupied for some time), and nobody answering the phone and the place locked up tight as a drum when we arrived, this place is over priced, plain and simple. There was a number to call on the front door and I did get someone when I called that number (it is NOT the number on their web site) and arranged to meet up after dinner to check in. Breakfast was nice, but not anything ultra fantastic... regular continental fare, no toaster for the bagels (told insurance didn't want it). The pool was shut down 5 years ago but the info in the room still refers to one being there and the walls with "No Diving" remain intact, complete with the warning painted in red. Location is nice to go to the Sandburg house in Flat Rock and other things there, and the nice lady at this motel was friendly and told us about it. The place is a work in progress, which is fine, but the price for a dead Sunday night (perhaps Sunday - Thursday prices should be less) was too much. I will look elsewhere next time we go through Hendersonville, which is a really nice town with a nice main street district.

Room Tip: If I were to stay again, I would ask for one with hardwood floors - some have them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nancy S
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We appreciate your taking the time to write your review of our Inn. Even negative comments provide a goal for us to achieve. Our website presents our Inn as a 1950's era facility that always takes customer comments seriously and takes every step to improve. We are pleased you enjoyed Carl Sandburg's trails and the downtown area.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I love when Trip Advisor leads u to these hidden gems. Owner was very nice and helped us obtained tickets to the Flat Rock play and provided an excellent recommendation on a Restaurant. Rooms were clean, the grounds are very accommodating with a nice gazebo and gas grill if you choose to use and plenty of out door seating. Breakfast was a very generous mix of fresh fruits, cheeses, rolls and pastries. I plan on returning in the fall and will be staying here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review of our Inn. I'm so happy your stay was a good experience all around. Hendersonville has a lot to offer everyone no matter what your interest. Your good comments serve to show us what we are doing right and we greatly appreciate them.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My family and I just returned from a weekend in Hendersonville, and I am so happy that we found this place! The CedarWood far exceeded our expectations. We rented two rooms, clean is an understatement. One member of my family is without a doubt OCD, so of course she inspected literally every square inch of the rooms. Needless to say, she was pleasantly surprised that every square in. of this tidy little Inn met her standards. Not an easy feat. The breakfast left us feeling a little guilty that the owner, Karen had went to so much work! Fresh sliced strawberries, scones, toasted bagels, great coffee, an assortment of warm pasteries, local jams/preserves and the list goes on. Karen is super sweet and conversations with her are effortless. We all wished that we could have stayed another day. Honestly, you really couldn't ask for anything better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank erin k
Karen O, Manager at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

I'm so glad our Inn was a good experience for your family. It's exciting to hear our rooms passed inspection, this is a great validation for our efforts. Meeting and making new friends over breakfast is just about my favorite part of everything we do here. Next is reading the comments on Tripadvisor. Your kind words are a great motivator for us to do the best we can to welcome our guests back again. Thank you for taking time out of your day to do so.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I first started staying at the CedarWood Inn about 4 years ago when I first started to think about moving here. The Inn was on a list given to me by the Hendersonville Travel Bureau and when I asked about the safety and convenience of the Inn, I was told that it's very good and indeed, it was and still is. I call it Karen's place because it truly is, she is on-site and ready with directions, attraction and event information, places to eat and places to stay away from.
Breakfast in the morning is like eating in your own kitchen, warm and friendly, fresh and tasty; the company is good and the conversations have been very interesting. I was able to select the room I stayed in and now, every time I visit we can refer to it as Barbara's room. Overall, the CedarWood Inn is priced well, warm and friendly and convenient to everything. Well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Decide whether you need alot of space in the room ie sitting area or are comfortable with a nice siz...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara P
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

My repeat customers are valuable to me, as they would be for any business. Feels a lot like my family grows with each one. This job's not so hard when you get feedback like this. Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words. So glad you adopted these Blue Ridge Mountains!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I stayed here for the location. I'm in the Air Force and actually have to work on thanksgiving and my family all decided to have a early thanksgiving at my grandmothers house. The location is amazing and so close to downtown hendersonville! It's really a great place to stay, clean, breakfast in the morning. It's perfect! I would definitely recommend for anyone to stay here, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2013
Karen O, Owner at CedarWood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. Great guests like you make us try all the harder to provide that welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. We so appreciate the time you took to let us know how well our location and facility worked for you. We most sincerely thank you for your service to our Country.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to CedarWood Inn? Share your experiences!