“Wonderful Anniversary Celebration”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful Anniversary Celebration”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment we drove onto the grounds, we had the most peaceful, serene experience! Lela was at the door to greet us and toured us through their beautiful house. Lela and Mehmet are excellent hosts as they are attentive to your every need! They also happen to be incredible cooks! We couldn't wait to get to breakfast every day! We were able to take advantage of the wonderful cool mountain air, in August, with the numerous windows in the Cinnamon Room. This room is beautiful, with a comfortable bed and very spacious and modern bathroom. The property is very private, surrounded by trees, and is beautifully landscaped and maintained. We took advantage of the proximity to Asheville to see the work of some of the local artists, but spent most of our time in the very charming Hendersonville. Taking a stroll down the streets of the town is a treat in itself. There are numerous very good restaurants in town which we took advantage of. We also did a bit of hiking in nearby DuPont State Forest where we saw beautiful waterfalls. We had a wonderful, relaxing stay and will return as soon as our schedules permit!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Wellington, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We want to thank Mehmet and Lale at the Melange for not only providing us will a memorable stay in the suite but for orchestrating a birthday party for my 80 year old mother in law. The hall prep and attention to detail was unbelievable as well as the amazing appetizers, salad and entree. It's so rare to find a special place like this with such European charm. Spectacular!

Room Tip: Try the suite on the top floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Exquisite grounds, wonderful hosts, delicious breakfast, beautiful and comfortable rooms with all the current tech needs plus a private outdoor covered porch and the most luxurious shower. We've been visiting the Hendersonville/Asheville area for years and this is the BEST!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed at Melange the July 4th weekend. From them moment we parked our car, and Lale was out the front door to greet us, the experience was fantastic. We stayed in the Cinnamon Room - a lovely room surrounded by trees and lots of windows. The bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was fashionably up-to-date. Their "Stress Free Zone" was appropriate, as we were nothing but relaxed. The house is lovely, and the breakfasts were superb. I am a slightly picky eater and Lale was very accommodating to my needs. My husband thoroughly enjoyed what was served. Lale and Mehmet are gracious hosts - always available to cater to your needs. The grounds are beautiful. We plan on returning and highly recommend Melange, if not for the house, then for the hosts!

Chapel Hill
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic weekend with perfect accommodations!! I booked our reservations at the Melange B&B, paid in full and then told my husband where we were staying! I have always wanted to stay in a bed and breakfast and could never get him to agree! I figured after 15 years married, I was going to finally get my own way:) Needless to say, he loved everything about the Melange as much as I did!! He tells me we will definitely be returning!!

The house is absolutely gorgeous, clean and comfortable. We stayed in the Scarlet room were we had our own bathroom in the room (a must for my husband!!) with the best shower I have ever had the luxury of using, a refrigerator with complimentary drinks, a coffee pot with coffee and tea available, flat screen tv with cable and a DVD player (with plenty of movies available if desired), all of which were located/arranged in the room as to not take away from the decor or calm, peaceful, romantic mood the room provides.

Mehmet & Lale are the most personable, friendly, kind and most accommodating hosts. I couldn't leave without giving them a hug!

Their food is out of this world!! We highly recommend making reservations for the private dining...5 amazing courses...I particularly recommend the Lentil and Sweet Potato Stuffed Samosa appetizer and for dessert the Rote Grütze: Puréed Delight of Raspberries! My husband recommends the same, but adds the squash and roasted red pepper soup, he says "it's the best soup he has ever had!" (All served on the most beautiful antique china!!)

During our visit, one couple also staying at the Melange, told us that the roses in their room, were arranged in an antique vase, from Turkey, that had been Lale's mother's. Another visitor from Florida told us he has been coming to Hendersonville with his family, every year for over 10 years and that they wouldn't stay anywhere else! You will understand as soon as you arrive, meet Mehmet and Lale, sleep in one of their beds, and take a bite of the food they so meticulously and thoughtfully prepare and serve!!
I can't wait to have the opportunity to return!

• Stayed June 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in June of 2014. We were in the area to pick our son up from camp, and wanted to stay somewhere more romantic than a chain hotel. Melange could not have been more perfect!

The house is a little short of 100 years old, and shows the character and charm of a more serene era. We enjoyed hanging out in various spots in the house and on the grounds. We loved the collection of lamps in each room.

While the property is worthy of kudos, the undisputed highlight of our stay was our candlelit dinner on the patio. I am an acknowledged foodie and my wife has some dietary restrictions, so we generally have to request changes to the menu when we go out. This was no problem whatsoever for the Melange owners, who are also gourmet chefs. All the ingredients were fresh and of the highest quality. The tuna we had for our main course was outstanding! Breakfast, the next morning, was equally fresh and inspired.

Can't say enough about wonderful couple that runs Melange. They were simply wonderful, inviting, and attentive. Although we were on the property for less than a day, we felt refreshed as if we had been there for a long weekend. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I believe we were in the Emerald Room. From the peeks we took into other rooms, they all look good...
Green Features: All of the food was acquired locally and prepared fresh. There was an unobtrusive recycling bin close to our room, where we left our empty water bottles from the road trip.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We researched Hendersonville, NC bed and breakfast inns online and were impressed with Melange. But when we arrived we were even more impressed. Though it is located in the city, I was pleasantly surprised to find the inn very peaceful and quiet - a priority for me when on vacation! Any inn experience is defined by the hosts, and Lale and Mehmet were most welcoming and gracious. Their inn is beautiful, and the breakfast satisfying. We promised to return in the future, and recommend the Melange to those experienced with B&Bs and those new to the idea!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
#3 of 5 in Flat Rock
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
Mountain Inn & Suites Airport
#3 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Melange Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!