“Wonderful experience!”
Review of 1898 Waverly Inn

1898 Waverly Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hendersonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This was my first time staying at a B&B, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I have never been made to feel more welcome at any type of hotel establishment. Diane and John made me feel like part of the family. My accomodations were to die for...the bed and pillows were fabulous. The cooked-to-order breakfast was delicious. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nancyacc1

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We arrived on the door step after looking at some other accommodation in the area and were very warmly welcomed in with a glass of wine and some cheese. That at first could have won us over but better still we were offered the best room in the house at a great rate. Being a frequent traveler I am used to finding the 'little things' that seem to ruin a place for me; I was pleasantly surprised with the lack of these. The room was clean and had all of the modern cons with an old Victorian charm. We were offered a great recommendation for where to go to dinner on the main street which is just a 5-10min walk up one road. Breakfast was amazing with fresh eggs (any style, try the 'earth eggs' with spinach and mushroom), bacon, sausages, cereal and more. Overall we could not have had a better night and this was very much with thanks to the fantastic staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This B&B gave excellent service. The room was very nice along with the location of the B&B, very convenient so you can walk to restaurants. For breakfast, we were given several choices to choose from and the breakfast entrees tasted delicious. The afternoon wine on the porch was really fun! I would certainly go to the Waverly again if I am ever in the area again!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Within fifteen minutes of our arrival, we had left the busy world behind and we felt relaxed and at home! The Waverly Inn is a beautiful place with all the right ammenities. The staff was excellent and quickly became friends of ours. The room was decorated beautifully and very well kept. The bed as the most comfortable we have ever slept on away from home. I can't say enough about the food!!! There was a variety of breakfast options and by far the best breakfast we have ever had! We also enjoyed the daily fresh-baked cakes. Sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs while enjoying cheese and wine was the perfect ending to a wonderful day in the mountains. The Waverly Inn is located in a great location, close to restaurants and shops but also close to nature including many trails and waterfalls. We can not wait for our next vacation and trip to The Waverly Inn!

Reviewed 25 May 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here. The location is prime - a short walk from the historic downtown area. The staff is very friendly and helpful and always asked after our plans at breakfast, and asked how it went when we saw them in the evening. The breakfasts were the highlight of our stay - delicious pancakes, French toast, and a masterful omelette. The room itself was very nice too. The biggest area of improvement would be the old, noisy window AC units, but complimentary earplugs are provided, so don't let this deter you from staying here!

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This was my husband and my first experience with a B&B. We found a great deal on Living Social for the 1898 Waverly Inn, so we decided to give it a try to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. It was a beautiful home on the outside with great landscaping and inside it was so charming. Right from the start we knew we were going to have a great stay. The owners were so friendly and made us feel right at home. Our room the DOGWOOD was really nice and clean. It had a wonderful rice bed with a super comfortable mattress. I loved the claw foot tub with all the free bath products and the 2 super comfortable robes to use! It had a small tv with cable but you could get movies and dvd to watch on the larger tv in the library if you wanted to for free. There was an office, library, and wifi available for free and a wonderful snack area with free coffee, soft drinks, tea, popcorn, and homemade cookies and cakes. They had a reception on the front porch in the evening with snacks and drinks and we really enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know the owners as well. It was nice and quiet at night, and we got a great night sleep. The next morning we awoke to the wonderful smell of breakfast being made. A full wonderful breakfast was included. Everything was homemade, even the jam for the bread! I have to say, it was one of the best nights stay away from home that I have ever had. This is the kind of place that makes you feel at home, and I will definately be staying there again one day. Highly recommend!!!

Room Tip: a picture of each room is listed on their website
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and myself, we enjoyed the coziness and the elegance of the place. It was very comfortable and delightful to stay there. It was also very clean and charming.The ladies that ran the place were very helpful and kind. We definitely plan to stay in the Waverly Inn again. The room we stayed in was very attractive. Also, the breakfast was like eating gourmet food, delicious!!!!!!!!
Gary & Nydia

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Ramada Hendersonville
Ramada Hendersonville
#5 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to 1898 Waverly Inn? Share your experiences!