“Check it out!”
Review of Binion's Roadhouse

Binion's Roadhouse
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stopped here on our way through Hendersonville! Had also visited a couple of years ago. Very good experience the first time and wanted to try again. We weren't disappointed! As we remembered, fast, efficient, and friendly service. The yeast rolls alone are worth the stop. We both had the BBQ. Very good and priced fairly! We will stop again!

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

DJB406, we've missed you! What is so great about your comments is that it shows we did an admirable job two years ago, you never forgot the occasion and came back in a second time. Not only that, you wrote a great review about us and you plan to return a 3rd time at some point.

You folks out there planning to open your own restaurant, please take note. REPEAT business requires you to earn the respect of your customers. If you do so, chances are, they will continue doing business with you for years to come. Your business will grow. This is not a complicated concept but vital if you want to survive.

We appreciate your return visit DJB, look forward to the next time you come around and every one of us are VERY pleased we measured up to your expectations. <OleBob>

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 20 November 2013

No secret. A great steak is a great steak. Service attentive. Beer comes in tall mugs. Don't pass this up if you need MEAT!!!

Thop3, we thank you for stopping in! As a Myrtle Beach resident, you know the difference between the good, the bad and the ugly and we very much appreciate your review.

By the way, when Binion's opened, there was no TR chain and Lone Star Steakhouse Co. only had about 10 stores. We've been around a long time!

Please drop back in to see us when you come back up the mountain. We'll do our best to convince you we are unlike the chains in many good and unique ways. Thanks, again. <OleBob>

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I go to Binions yearly....part of a yearly trek for my child to go to camp. I've always loved Hendersonville and the quaint, small-town feel...this trip was no different. After moseying around scenic downtown, we headed to Binions for our "post drop-off" celebration. Maybe it was the mountain air, maybe climbing the hills around Main St and Church St.....but we were starving! The doors opened to welcome us and everything from there was the closest to a perfect meal as I have ever experienced. Generous, never-ending drinks...bread, large healthy salads. I could go on and on...the two rock stars of our meal? The famous, generous cut steak and the FRIED MUSHROOMS! Best we have ever tasted. Of course a meal like this doesn't happen by accident. Servers, hostesses, cooks and busboys...it takes a village. And what a village! Congrats, Hendersonville....you have a real gem. I wish my kid went to camp more than once a year.

1  Thank borderline07
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Borderline07, your review rates an A+ and we are very pleased you think highly of Hendersonville and Binion's.

A quick Augusta story. In the 70's I managed a bank in N. Augusta. One day I noticed a beautiful new Cadillac through the drive-up window. The driver parked and walked inside. He looked magnificent in his black leather suit and long dark hair. As he spoke to me, I saw the nicest smile and most beautiful set of teeth I had ever seen. It was James Brown, the "Godfather of Soul" and he was as nice as any person I'd ever met. It was a special treat to meet him.

So.......why not drive up to Hendersonville more often. It's only about 165 miles and as you drive up to see us, listen to some great James Brown music. I guarantee you'll arrive refreshed, feeling good and ready for a great meal. Thank you so much for your comments. <OleBob>

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I ordered a sirloin and it did not any flavor to it. My husband ordered a Canadian bacon and pineapple pizza, which he sad was good. I do have the say, the yeast rolls were the best and the prices are very reasonable. If we are ever in the area again, we would eat here again, but I wouldn't order the sirloin.

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

To the folks from O'Fallon, Ill. Thank you very much! Our pizzas are amazing for the price and our yeast rolls are legendary.

Steaks with little or no flavor are usually the result of cooking all the juices out of them. We cook steaks as ordered, but the more we cook them, the more dry and less flavor they will have. But no matter what, if you weren't thrilled and wanted something else, we would have gladly replaced the steak. In large letters, our menu says, "If it doesn't suit you we'll fix it! Please let us know ASAP!" We take pleasing our guests seriously.

We very much appreciate your stopping in and your nice review. When you're back in this area, please honor us with another visit! <OleBob>

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Similar to Longhorn's but not as good. Tired salad. Ok taste to steak. Slow service. Limited wine list.

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We served a record number of customers last week, virtually all extremely pleased and complimentary about their food and "excellent" service provided by our staff. Many drove long distances just to eat with us.

I read your reviews of other local restaurants. We fully understand that Binion's may not be the type of place you prefer. <OleBob>