“Binions, revisited.”
Review of Binion's Roadhouse

Binion's Roadhouse
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Augusta, Ga
“Binions, revisited.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It's June....and that means it is time for our semi-annual trek to Kanuga. Camping time at Borderline's homestead means it's also time for some long-awaited Binion's. I can honestly say I look forward to this trip for half a year. (And its not just because I get to drop the kiddo off at camp...)
Me and my road-trip buddy were seated right away outside, on the patio. Wonderful servers promptly took our order and left us to gaze at the majesty of the mountains. A very brief short time later, our libations were brought to us. Ahhh, adult beverages! One of the best bloody Mary's I have ever had. Better order another, to make sure. Funny thing happened between 1st and 2nd drink, change of shift for the bartenders. What does it mean? Not a dang thing.....2 excellent drinks, just made a tad bit differently. Both outstanding. Next came our fried mushrooms. I am not lying when I say the 'shrooms are what I miss the most back home. Steaks? Oh yeah! Salads? You bet! Deep fried mushroom goodness.....yes, please. Keep 'em coming. Our salads were up next. Big enough and fresh enough to be meals alone, we powered through them like the troopers we were. Complimentary bread came right after. Where in the world are we going to put it? IN OUR STOMACHS! MY ONLY COMPLAINT? Food.came out too fast. In this day and age, its usually the opposite. I really can't complain that much. So as we sit around moaning and imbibing, here comes the steak *dramatic pause*. All 3 of us had different steaks and different degrees of wellness....perfection! We were slow eating....stuffed, yet still savoring, it was just a fantastic meal with no complaints. I simply cannot say that about any other place I have ever been. It's that simple. I am a well traveled person, but it takes Binion's to show me what a well thought out restaurant looks like. They are en pointe. Soo...you may ask about dessert. I dunno, never in my 12+ years of going have had the room for it. But like everything else, I'm sure its outstanding. Seriously. And the restrooms are clean and nicely lit. That's important- its a long way home.

• Visited June 2014
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Few people, myself included, could write a review of this caliber. We're just thrilled Borderline07, likes us! Had she been turned off, given her writing skills, we could have been absolutely demolished and still licking our wounds. It's wonderful to be on borerline's side and we thank her profusely for describing her experience in such a wonderful and colorful manner. <OleBob>

“Very nice Restaurant”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were camping from out of town and ate here for dinner. Like a typical roadhouse steak restaurant. Food was good as well as the service. Good restaurant.

We're glad you approve of us, Anakinboots!

Let me get this straight. You and your husband were camping and decided to come to Binion's instead of cooking at the campsite OR you had been camping, had packed everything up and were traveling somewhere else when you decided to stop and eat at Binion's? Doesn't matter. We're just pleased you came in!

The last time wife and I went camping, I cooked bacon and eggs and tried to fix some toast. Quite an experience! We ended dumping it all and stopping at a nearby Denny's for a Grand Slam.

Please come back! We've made some really neat changes just since your review. Believe ya'll will be impressed! Thanks Again!<OleBob>
Ronks
“Steak was perfect and the sides are super yummy”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not a restaurant to go for "fast meal" but if you want to enjoy a nice relaxed meal with good food I highly recommend Binions. The steak was prepared just as we ordered it and was very tender and delicious. The server was very sweet. The only thing I didn't prefer was the sweet potato casserole was a tad too sweet for my liking ...the other four sides we chose to try were extra yummy. Hard to figure a favorite!

• Visited June 2014
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Birdbreeder,

Any list of informed travelers would have to include you! I got a kick out of looking over your list of places visited! Many places you've been, my wife and I were right there. In Billings, for instance, you and us (or is it we?) stayed in the same motel and I agree with your rating. In Biloxi, we also ate at Shaggy's Beach Bar and Grill and again, agree with your rating. (The place looks really neat and there's a great view of the beach where we sat at the bar. Beer was nice and cold, service, friendly but the food, so so.) I owned restaurants in York, Pa so was in that area many times and I could go on and on. Reading your reviews brought back many fond memories and I thank you!

As an informed traveler, you made smart decisions in Hendersonville too. You stayed at one of the best motels in town and ate at the best (IMHO) restaurant. Your review is much appreciated and if your travels bring you back this way, please come back to see us. We'd love to know about your latest excursions! <OleBob>
Oxford, Mississippi
“Very good meal!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our food was delicious, the prices were good, with a nice variety of lunch choices. We didn't have steak, but the restaurant was clean, and the service was timely.

• Visited June 2014
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Seabrook, we thank you for visiting us from Mississippi, enjoying a nice lunch and writing this fine review. As you probably noticed, we do not specialize in fancy, gourmet lunches. Most folks want a nice, quick lunch that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. But if you're hankering for a large T-Bone steak at noon, we can certainly throw one on the grill just for you!

We hope you'll return to see us next time your travels bring you back to our little corner here on Four Seasons Blvd in Hendersonville, N.C. <OleBob>
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Customer for life!”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Since moving to the mountains 9 years ago, Binion's remains our families favorite. The staff is always friendly, helpful and fun. The food is cooked to perfection and if it is not to your liking, they really do go out of their way to ensure that your satisfied, As if the excellent food and amazing service isn't enough, you will find the atmosphere is relaxed, fun, and casual.
An experience not to be missed, and one that your taste buds will remember!

• Visited May 2014
Moppett859, your endorsement of our restaurant is FANTASTIC!

Your comments help re-enforce the message we try to convey to our staff everyday. "The job you do does not go unnoticed. No matter what position you hold, it is extremely important and directly affects how well our team performs and the experience of our guests. You are working at Binion's because we consider you a motivated person who really cares and wants to please the thousands of guests we serve. You are appreciated!"

Someone told me today something similar to what you said, Moppett. They said they liked Binion's because it just felt good inside. More than anything else, the people that work there create that feeling.

Thank you for boosting our spirits today and your continued patronage is of vital important to us.<OleBob>