“Good family atmosphere, fast, friendly and really good food.”
Review of Binion's Roadhouse

Binion's Roadhouse
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited on a busy Sunday afternoon. We were warmly greeted and seated immediately. Our server was prompt, efficient, attentive and friendly. Our food was delicious, accurate as ordered and delivered quickly. We had an excellent experience, loved the food and the prices were very reasonable. We will visit again very soon!

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Tarheel, we thank you, Pardner!

We are thrilled you had a good time and enjoyed yourselves. That's exactly what you should expect when you walk in. A good customer told me today that he just loved being inside Binion's, that he loved the decor and the general "feel" of the place....then he said, "and besides that, the food's good!" Made me smile because I also like the way it feels. Great food and service just might be the icing on the cake!

Tarheel from Fletcher, we appreciate your patronage and your very flattering comments! Come back soon, please. <OleBob>

Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

After reading the TripAdvisor reviews I was more than a little hesitant to visit Binions. However it was close to the hotel, was not fast food, and had an online menu with fair prices and selections I knew both my son and I would enjoy.

I am glad I gave it a chance. We arrived at 7:00 on a Saturday evening and found quite the crowd hanging around outside waiting for a table. I almost didn't go in assuming it would be an hour-long wait, but my son said he wanted to go there after I showed him the online menu. I was happy to find out that despite the crowd the wait was only 20 minutes. In reality it was closer to 30 minutes, but that was still faster than getting in the car and going to the next place. As it turns out, that was by far the slowest part of the experience.

Once we were called we were seated immediately, the server came over and took our drink order and had rolls on the table with our drinks all in less than 5 minutes of being seated. We ordered and I had my small side salad 5 minutes after that and in 15 minutes we both had our meals. Maybe even quicker. I have not had service this fast or this attentive in a VERY long time. In fact it was almost too fast. I didn't finish a roll before the salad appeared or the salad before the steak medallions appeared. It was fast, but not fast food. Very impressive especially since my son and I were hungry after a late start to dinner.

The food was decent. Not over-the-top great but that is not was I was expecting. This is not a 5-star $100/plate steak house. It is closer to a Texas Roadhouse or Longhorn Steakhouse but with a good bit more character. The food was on par with either, but not in a bad way. I like both of those places and find the food is consistent and decent at a fair price. Binions was very much the same. The salad was fresh with what must have been home made honey mustard dressing. The rolls were fresh and hot with soft butter with an excellent texture and flavor. My son's chicken was fresh white breast meat that was hot and juicy. My garlic mashed was real home mashed with just the right amount of garlic. The steak was think-sliced with a decent amount of peppers and onions and plenty of cheese to match. It was not a huge portion, but plenty for me with the salad and rolls. When I ordered my server informed me it was thin-sliced and would come out medium or medium-well, which was good to know up front and kept me from being unpleasantly surprised as it was not what I envisioned when I read the description.

The price was absolutely a great value. It cost LESS for our dinner for the 2 of us and included a lot more food than our lunch today. At $22 for dinner for 2 people it was by far one of the best priced meals I've had in a while. Just perfect for an affordable family meal. It may not have been a 5-star steak-house experience but that is not what I was looking for. I wanted a fair-priced family meal with good food and quick service. For that it hit the mark perfectly.

Zero complaints with the service, the quality of food, the timeliness or any of the other things some other TA reviews have noted. I would definitely stop here again when I'm in the area and looking for a good place to eat with my son in tow.

My only suggestion to management - try to respond to even the negative reviews in a positive manner. It will win you more respect from potential future customers. As a business owner I know it is hard to do, but one poorly worded or thought-out response can dissuade thousands of potential visitors in today's worldwide soapbox of the Internet.

For those that read some of those less-than-favorable reviews, give Binions a chance. I'm glad we did.

1  Thank StoreLocatorPlus

CharlestonSW,

Your experience on Saturday evening is characteristic of a very busy Binion's. You have stated well what happened after you arrived and how you felt about it. We appreciate your honest and candid review and thank you very much!

My wife and I refer to TripAdvisor frequently when we travel. But, like anything you read on-line, especially from anonymous sources, a large measure of skepticism should be applied. Ask yourself this. If a restaurant serves 1,000 happy customers and 1 unnamed source (who may or may not have ever been inside) says their food or service was not good, does that fairly represent the restaurant?

At Binion's we make it a point to know what's happening. I won't go into detail about every aspect of this, but in our restaurant, the chance of an individual or a group of people having a really bad experience, getting lost in the shuffle or ignored, etc and us to be totally clueless about it, is extremely low. Very seldom does a problem occur that we don't quickly learn about and fix.

Please never feel that eating with us is iffy. The vast majority of customers leave Binion's impressed as you were, CharlestonSW. We'd love to have you come back the next time you drive up from Mt Pleasant! <OleBob>

Reviewed 13 August 2014

After reading reviews decided to give Binion's another try after an 8-year absence. Peanuts in the bucket were good and service was friendly and prompt. Country fried steak (lunch special) was dry, over cooked, and my companions were equally disappointed in their meals. Sorry -- the food was nothing special.

1  Thank SMP-NC
OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

SMP-NC, we are sorry but -

We have no record of your visit. Please assist us by emailing the following information. We promise to research what occurred and quickly respond.

1- Date and time of your visit
2- Servers name
3- # in party
4- Menu items ordered
5- Copy of receipt
6- Name (s) of anyone at the
restaurant made aware of this.

Please note:
1- Problems are rare but we cannot correct
things we are unaware of.
2- Exchanges or refunds cannot be made for
food eaten at the restaurant, said to be
excellent, then later said to be unsatisfactory.
3- We rely heavily on in-house feedback from
guests to make all visits as perfect as possible.

<OleBob>

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What can I say, my wife and I are there every week. (Sometimes twice) We enjoy the atmosphere, food, and excellent service. The staff is friendly and attentive, the front end manager knows us by name as well as our favorite waitress Paula. (unsolicited plug)
It's a great steakhouse for everyday people! If your looking for a fancy dinning experience, go elsewhere. Hey it's a roadhouse! Sit down,relax, and enjoy!
See you soon!

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

TednJulie, we thank you for your compliments and it's great to know Binion's is right up your alley!

Also, love the way you describe us as a great steakhouse for "everyday" or ordinary people. We never intended Binion's to be a place for the country club crowd and that's worked out great. The last time I went to a country club to eat, it was a Sat night and felt like a morgue. I chuckled and told my wife that most of the members were probably down at Binion's enjoying a nice steak!

Judging from your photo, I'd wager you are extra nice people who would never intentionally mislead others searching for a good meal. Your comments make all of us, including your favorite server, very pleased and the sooner you return, the better! <OleBob>

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Is this Ruth's Chris steakhouse where you pay for service and atmosphere and a small meal? NO! This is Binion's Steakhouse where we throw peanut shells on the floor, drink Tombstone Tea, and dine on hot buttered yeast rolls while we wait for a perfect cooked to order, fresh cut in restaurant steak. I always order the 14oz ribeye (medium rare), deluxe side salad and corn pudding (lots of other great sides also available). I've never had dessert there, not sure who does after eating so much! Yes, I have had to send an overcooked steak back once or twice, but they get it fixed and quick.
I live in Rutherfordton, about 35 minutes away from Hendersonville and this is where my wife and I go when we're in the mood for a steak. Strongly recommended.

OleBob, Public Relations Manager at Binion's Roadhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

It's always great to hear from neighbors east of us - about a 35 minute drive , 3 hrs and 13 minutes by bicycle, or slightly over 12 hours if in the mood for a long walk. When a neighbor speaks kindly of us, it's even better. THANK YOU, Sir!

Senterk, it's evident you and your wife are well traveled people. You have the wherewithal to go where you like and eat what you want. You know what options are available, the approximate cost of each and you don't like to waste money. (Who does?)

Here's my point. If eating at Binion's was not enjoyable, you and your wife would not be regular customers. If eating a more expensive steak somewhere else made you happier, that's what you'd do. We appreciate the fact that you choose Binion's and as a semi - well traveled person myself, I don't blame you!

Hint - Just for fun, bring your bride over for a nice snack and a beverage occasionally. You can always get a ribeye to-go, for when the mood hits! <OleBob>