“The culinary epicenter of Hooterville”
Review of Hot Dog World

Hot Dog World
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love living in Hendo; aka Hendersonville, aka, Hooterville. No trip to Hendo is complete until you stand in line for a "House Special" at Hot Dog World. (hot dog, chili with no beans, onions and mustard) They do hot dogs of all type, hamburgers, Greek salad and other fast food items. Great milk shakes, great fry's.

You've not experienced Hendo until you've done this. I've never lived anywhere else where people will stand in line for upwards of fifteen to thirty minutes to buy a hotdog. While in line listen to the discussions that take place. You can learn fascinating bits of information while in line. I got a referral for my first apartment and realtor while at Hot Dog World. It is too much fun. This is Americana at its best.

The food is very reasonable, thus the line. I'm a big fan of Cincinnati chili, it's not like that, but it is owned by a Greek family that I dearly love. So, if you are visiting Hendersonville, go do Hot Dog World.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Comfort food. Don't be put off by the long line waiting for service - it moves pretty fast. Good soups, sandwiches, salads, fries and onion rings - but the main dish is hot dogs. Get 'em with chili sauce, kraut, slaw, etc. Seating indoors or out front. Can't explain the appeal, but everybody in town goes there for hot dogs like you'd get at the ballpark. Hot, juicy, smothered - just right. This place has been a favorite for many years.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We enjoy finding restaurants that are "local institutions" when we travel. Hot Dog World is such an institution. Very tasty chili dogs at incredibly low prices ($1.39!!). My wife was surprised to find they serve vegetarian dogs. She got hers with slaw. Quick service for such a popular place. We will return when we are in western North Carolina.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

When we first moved here couple years back, we were told that we MUST go to Hot Dog World.
We did and have been going regularly ever since. The dogs are great and the service wonderful. Even when there is a long line (which there often is), They move things along quickly.
I also recommend the Greek Salad. It's fantastic and we have often ordered a big pan to serve a crowd.
It's our 'go-to' place for a quick meal.

1  Thank ReneeS67
Reviewed 12 May 2014

If all you want is a great hotdog and some fries ,might as well come here. I've been coming here for years never been disappointed not once. If ya come need to get a chilli cheeseburger and cheese fries wow that's all I can say plus soft served ice cream for dessert.