“Pretty good food”

Janitzio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 202 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I just returned from visiting the is restaurant on my first (of hopefully many) visits to Hendersonville. There really isn't much Mexican style atmosphere, but if you've been to Mexico - most of the best places aren't gussied up anyway!!

The salsa was good - the primary way I judge a Mexican restaurant although I do tend to prefer mine with a bit more chunks in it. Chips were warm and crips, but average - nothing to write home about. I ordered a Super Taco Salad with Grilled Chicken. Some places I've been, the chicken is cooked, but not actually grilled, but I could taste the grilling even though I had mixed it with the sour cream and guacamole. For some reason it was a little runny - maybe the lettuce wasn't drained well, or too much liquid in the pico de gallo - I couldn't really say why. Didn't matter to me, I dumped half the bowl of salsa on it anyway - a habit of mine! I did enjoy the food but as this is the only meal I've had and is rather difficult to mess up - I can't say much about the overall food quality.

As a solo traveler, part of what I like about restaurants is when I feel comfortable there - it is big enough to not be conspicuously alone as I often feel in small establishments. I had some reading to do too and didn't feel at all rushed to move on - although there were a few empty tables. I was there from about 1-2pm and it was busy, but not packed.

The service was good and as I looked around, it seemed to be for everyone, but one couple did get lost somehow and I could see they were upset - if they were writing the review they'd say service was terrible. Overall it was good. The waiter was personable and prompt.

Overall - worth a try - see if you like it!!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

This Mexican reasturant is always delicious!!! My boyfriend and I go here often! They have a salsa bar which has very good choices on it. The owner is always present and checks on his customers non-stop. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot! You'll be happy that you did!

1  Thank PinkyANB
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Terrible, awful and tasteless food!
No atmosphere!
Took forever to get our four dishes!
Nice young server though!
Female that rang us up, didn't actually ring us up and pocketed our payment!
We will NEVER return!

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have eaten at Janitzio for years. Nice people and great service. Large portions and excellent big burrito.

Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

The food is good, the service is excellent. Not many options as other local restaurants in the salsa bar.