“Spend a little more and stay somewhere else”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful BUT the room was dirty and moldy. The bathroom walls had some kind of food stuck on and mold on the ceiling. Just old and in disrepair-shower faucet was coming out of the wall. The pool was clean however. They ran out of towels and pillows, we only had 3 towels in a room that sleeps four and a rollaway . We were on the bottom floor by the pool and amazingly enough, it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chrissie369
Kathy K, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Hendersonville. We apologize for any problems you incurred.

We take your comments very seriously and use the comments to improve our property.

Again, please accept apologies.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

So if you are wanting to call and reserve a room at this hotel, let me just warn you that if you give them your account information they will charge you for the wrong day and count it as a no show. You then will not get a refund and lose out on that money. The manager will LIE and say that she was there 12hrs straight listening to all the reservation calls and listening to her employees read them back, when there is no way that could even happen because who can wait 12hrs to use the bathroom? No one I know. So needless to say I will never recommmend this hotel to anyone!!!! They are thiefs and liars!!!! I will never in my life stay at a choice hotel ever, and will persuade everyone I know to do the same!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Starlite07
Kathy K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent reservation at the Comfort Inn Hendersonville. We apologize for the problem you incurred. The GM is frequently on the property for longer than 12 hours and since Friday was a busy night, she was here helping the Front Desk Clerk. We apologize that we cannot refund your charges without a valid cancellation number.

Comfort Inn Hendersonville

Reviewed 7 June 2013

You can hear all the highway noises. The walls are paper thin. You can hear people talking outside. The beds are hard to sleep on. We thought it was dirty when we came in. You can come but i wouldn't come. We didn't go to the swimming pool but it might be dirty to because it is outside. Last night we heard peoples conversations and we couldn't go to sleep until I came out and told them to be quite.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jake S
Kathy K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We take your opinion very seriously and use your comments to improve the property. We apologize that your stay was less than you expected. Please contact me directly at gm.nc153@choicehotels.com with any further comments or concerns.

K Kanupp

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Staff is nice. Rooms were clean. However, this is right off of a major highway and had a lot of traffic noise. My room was next to the pool AND the ice machine. ..HUGE MISTAKE! It is almost midnight and the room above me has young kids crying and running around. .. and the drunks a few rooms away are still standing outside of the rooms, laughing and talking very loud. Contacted staff, not much improved :(

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank ForrestK9
Kathy K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you for your response for your recent stay at the Comfort Inn Hendersonville. We take these problems very seriously and please be assured that your comments have been addressed and we will strive to keep noisy guests quite in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Check in was quick and friendly; they give Choice Privileges Elite level members a bottle of water and some snacks which I appreciated. 2 story property with exterior rooms. Room was clean and comfortable; I didn't have any of the housekeeping issues that are mentioned in other reviews. Good TV, desk with rolling chair, king bed which was comfortable. WiFi was strong and fast. Had a fairly comfortable easy chair too. Bathroom was clean, good temp and water pressure in the shower. Micro/fridge. Only real complaint is the lack of easily accessible electrical outlets which is typical in these older buildings. Desk clerk was nice enough to call me that night and let me know the interior light was on in my car; saved me from possibly having a dead battery! Hot breakfast, waffles, eggs, sausage, the usual pastries etc. Quick and friendly checkout. Hotel is only a block off of the main road. If you can look at a sign and turn onto a street there should be no problem finding it. Overall a good stay and I won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rocknrun
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

Staff was ok - could have been more professional - smokers - and was obvious when you walk into the lobby - something to be said for 100% Smoke free hotels, this was not one. Room was clean and recently updated - very small for a king size bed - also black mold behind the shower knob did not make showering very inviting. A lamp kept flickering due to a loose wall receptacle. Plumbing has issues - scalding hot or ice cold - first it took what seemed like 5 min for hot water and then another few to get the temp so it was bearable. Seems like they try - but don't seem to hit the mark. For $59 you can't expect perfection. Although I have stayed at other Comfort hotels for $49, and they were so much nicer - and smoke free. This was also a motel type setup - prefer the hotel type - which most Comforts are.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Weekatatime
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel at first was small, but ok. Nothing fancy, which I expected. However, there were several problems. Bugs. Spider webs, broken drapes and carpet that's pulled up in corners. But I could deal with that better than the lack of customer service that was received. The woman at the front desk was very unprofessional, hung up rudely and when I called back did not apologize. We requested towels, she replies, "they'll be up to check it" and hangs up. Unacceptable. We will not be saying here again, and I would not recommend you stay here either.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family