“Heading downhill”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
USA
“Heading downhill”
Reviewed 22 January 2010

This is my second and last time staying here. My last visit was not pleasant and I was crazy enough to give them a second chance. The most dissapointing aspect of both stays were the dirty rooms, bugs, and the fact that the front desk told me that I expected too much from them. Since when are clean rooms and no bugs asking too much? I stay in hotels a couple times a month and usually am satisfied. I feel foolish for giving them a second chance. Yuk.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Stayed here Memorial Day weekend 2009. We came up to Asheville area to do some hiking and also brought our dog so hotel options limited. Generally though, Comfort Inns are clean and well kept so we thought this would be a fine place to stay.

Room was "clean", although there was some sort of a bug that I found near the dog's food dish. I didn't feel comfortable taking my shoes off and walking bare foot on the carpet either, but in general, clean by a loose definition. The furniture was pretty beat-up at least in our room, with a big chunk of wood missing from the dresser and a crack in night stand. Overall the rooms are outdated and showing their age. Time for a renovation especially for the price paid.

The breakfast area is very small and cramped, but clean. Breakfast items offered were to be expected for this type of a hotel and the staff was very friendly and courteous.

There is a pool, but didn't use or go look at it too closely so cannot comment regarding that amenity.

Not a lot of restaurant options within a mile or two of the hotel either, but a few and a grocery store nearby as well.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Hendersonville hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Cleaan and courteous. Great value for less than $60. The complementary breakfast was a nice surprise.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 October 2009

After reading some of the so-so reviews on this site about this hotel, I was wondering what we would find. I was happy to find a very friendly and knowledgeable staff both the day of check-in and the morning of checkout. We were out real late so we took advantage of our choice membership and did not check out until 2pm. The beds and pillows were the big fluffy ones and were great. The breakfast had two kinds of waffles. I would stay here again if in this area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
South Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We stayed here overnight while traveling through NC. I thought It was overpriced and not worth what we paid. It was a standard hotel no major complaints I just thought it was overpriced. I have paid much less and had the same type of room.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
S.C. coast
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My wife and I just got back from this place, and don't believe the other negative reviews you have read about the Hendersonville Comfort Inn. This place was everything we looked for in a short stay (two nights) location. It was clean with a great King Size bed and very clean and neat. The TV was new and had a good picture.

Each morning there was a breakfast area that opened at 6:30AM. For a "continental" style, it offered quite a selection....cereal, waffles, fruit, donuts(my favorite), English muffins, hard boiled eggs, and all the usual beverages...coffee, milk, etc. They had a big flat screen TV in there that was easily viewable from no matter where you sat.

There was also a computer there that you could use to check whatever you needed on a daily basis.

As for the staff, they were very friendly, and especially the young lady that checked us in. Her name was Amber and she helped us with directions and tips for getting around the whole area up there. She was fantastic!

I'd say this is a very nice choice at a good rate if you're making a short stay in Hendersonville, NC.

W.B.
Mt. Pleasant,S.C.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed 6 May 2009

We arrived after a full day of travel. We had stayed the week before on our trip to Florida and had booked 2 rooms for our way back. I was traveling with my mother (80) and aunt (67) both with limited abilities. I chose this hotel because of the first floor access and they allowed pets. I specifically stessed both the these needs. I guaranteed our arrival. Upon arriving, they had no pet rooms left and and no first floor rooms available. I said I didn't understand since we had no problem the week before. They finally found a first floor room for my mom and aunt but they made an a room a pet room. She treated me like this was my fault. I the room my mom and aunt stayed in, they had a coffee maker with no cups. What is the point of making special reservations if after a day of hard traveling they are not holding the rooms you requested. Comfort Inn get your act together.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family