“Consistant”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hendersonville
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Consistant”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My stays at this property are always brief, but it is a reliable hotel that is always consistent in it's service and upkeep. I would place this Hampton slightly above middle tier for the Hampton brand. The rates are slightly above what one would expect for a Hampton in a small city, but that's driven by the proximity to so many beautiful places in the mountains.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Bruce_Pope, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Stu2260,

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn Hendersonville! We sincerely appreciate that you choose our hotel for your lodging provider when your travels bring you to the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina!

I am very happy to hear that you've been pleased with our hotel's staff, amenities, and services. I do apologize that you haven't been completely satisfied with the value you've received from our hotel based on the prices that you've paid. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that you'll be able to return again soon, and hopefully for a longer stay next time! We look forward to being able to welcome you back to our hotel for another great visit.

Bruce Pope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Second time staying there...I'm a business traveler. The room and bathroom were smaller than most Hampton Inn rooms, but adequate for one person...glad I didn't have to share with anyone. The built in desk area had not been cleaned and ants soon covered my iPad. Then I noticed all the toothpaste on the mirror...it wasn't my brand, so from a prior guest.

Breakfast was good, and the same smiling, kind attendant I saw last year was there being gracious and helpful.

Obviously, room cleaning needs some major help...and when I checked in, the receptionist asked me for my credit card twice after I'd already given it to her...not hitting on all cylinders.

Might be the only game in town...but sure needs improvement.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DSBAA
Dear DSBAA,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the Hampton Inn Hendersonville with the concerns you had following your last visit to our property. I will be certain to let our breakfast hostess know that you truly appreciated the service she provides for our guests.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the fact that you were not provided with a room that had been cleaned to our normally high standards. We take great pride in providing an excellent experience for each of our guests, and are very sorry to hear that we did not accomplish this goal during your visit. I will speak with our housekeeping staff and we will work to ensure that this is an experience that never repeats itself.

I hope that you'll give us another chance to provide a superb stay for you during your next visit to western North Carolina. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn hotel.

Richardson, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This Hampton Inn followed the path of all the newly remodeled locations in the chain. Near a major highway, friendly front desk, typical breakfast, clean and plenty of amenities in the room. The room was so well with offerings, that it almost was a bit crowded.

Within a few minutes of the downtown, this hotel was a great stopping point on my motorcycle trip heading back West.

Only thing that bothered me is that I had to push the front desk for an meal choice beyond the Mexican place in the hotel next door. I did get an offering downtown that was awesome!

Only complaint is the black out blind was akward, and didn't have a way to let in light while providing some basic privacy from the parking lot.

I chatted up with one of the breakfast staff in the morning. She was Cherokee Heritage, and made some great recommendations of things to do while I was winding my way through the Smoky Mountains.

Room Tip: Book away from elevators/ice machines, and near the stairwell on an upper floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank DeepBlueDives
Bruce_Pope, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear DeepBlueDives,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Hendersonville as your lodging provider during your recent visit to our area. I am so pleased to hear that most of your stay was very satisfactory, and that you especially enjoyed the interactions you were able to have with one of our breakfast hostesses. We love to know when guests have had such a great service experience at our hotel.

While we appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, we always like to know where we could have improved. I'm sorry that you had trouble getting a dinner recommendation that was in-line with what you were looking for from one of our guest services agents. I also apologize that you were not completely satisfied with the black-out blind in your guest room. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that you'll be able to visit our area again soon. The Blue Ridge Parkway is very popular with bikers during the autumn foliage season! We look forward to welcoming you back for another great stay at our hotel.

Waynesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We've stayed here several times in the past and my only complaint had been that the breakfast was not the best. I'm happy to say that has changed. Very nicely done hot breakfast now is available. The rest is the same...........nice rooms, clean, quiet. A very good, well-run Hampton in a convenient location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce_Pope, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear ncnativeazalea,

We've appreciated the chance to have you as our guest on multiple occasions here at the Hampton Inn Hendersovnille. It's great to know that you've been mostly satisfied with your stays at our property.

I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the new On the House hot Hampton breakfast that we are now able to serve at our property. We appreciated all of the patience from our guests as we worked through the very slow process of satisfying both the Henderson County and North Carolina State's prohibitions against us serving food that wasn't individually wrapped and microwavable. Thank you for keeping your loyalty with our hotel throughout this process.

I hope that you'll be able to return again soon to our area for another visit. We hope to be able to provide you with another great experience. If there's anything that we can do to earn a full 5-star review from you following your next visit to our hotel, please let me know. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn Hendersonville.

Scottsboro, Alabama
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a very nice hotel. The facility is clean and the staff is friendly. I was on a business trip and had my wife and children with me. The kids enjoyed the nice heated pool. The hotel is close to downtown, which is nice. Hendersonville has a nice downtown area.

Room Tip: Don't get a room next to the elevator and ice machine. You can hear the noise inside the room. I...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jeremy C.,

Thank you for taking the time to rate and review the Hampton Inn of Hendersonville, NC following your recent visit to our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you had a mostly positive experience at our property.

While we always appreciate hearing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we could have improved. I am very sorry that you were disturbed by the noise of the elevator and ice machine during your visit with us. We will be certain to get you a room far from this noise during your next stay here. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Again, thank you for bestowing a 5-star review upon our hotel here on TripAdvisor. We hope that you will be able to return again soon to our area and are looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hampton Inn hotel.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The room was on the small side but the cleanliness and quietness of the hotel made up for that. The breakfast was good and the eating area comfortable as it is away from the food area. Rest easy choosing The Hampton Inn Hendersonville.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce_Pope, General Manager at Hampton Inn Hendersonville, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Karen C.,

Thank you for the 5-star review you have written for the Hampton Inn Hendersonville. I am very glad that you chose to be our guest during your recent visit to our area.

I am very pleased to know that you were completely satisfied with our staff and amenities. While we appreciate knowing the things that pleased you, we also like to know where we could have improved. I am sorry that you found your room to be small. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

I hope that your travels will bring you this way again soon! We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back for another stay at our Hampton Inn hotel.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The only negative thing I can say about this great hotel is that they have no bell at the front desk. I enjoy ringing the bell when I am standing at the desk. Now, I never needed a bell, every time I needed the front desk clerk she was there, but I wanted to ring a bell. The hotel is GREAT, very clean, very nice. I needed toothbrushes for my family of five and the lady at the front desk not only gave me 5, she also gave me 2 tubes of toothpaste. I was very impressed. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the rooms eere spotless. Everything you would want in a hotel, everything that is except a bell.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear AH_78,

Thank you for choosing to stay with your family here at the Hampton Inn Hendersonville. I am very pleased to hear that we met with or exceeded your every expectation of a quality lodging facility, excepting the lack of a front desk bell.

It's always great to know that our guests have been satisfied with our staff, hotel, and amenities. I'm glad to hear that we were able to provide you with complimentary toiletries for use during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate the specific comments you made regarding your experience here.

I hope that you and your family will be able to return again soon to the mountains of western North Carolina. We look forward to welcoming you back for another 5-star stay at our hotel...and we'll look into getting you that bell.