“My stay”
Review of Beechtree Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hertford
Beechtree Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hertford B&B and Inns
Holiday Island, North Carolina, United States
“My stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

outstanding stay. Spent the weekend. Very clean a great food.Easy to find.Called the chamber they told me about the inn. Also it is 15 minutes to the restaurants and town of Hertford. Preceful place to stay good rest.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Latta, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Jackie and Ben was like family! We stayed in the Flat branch house and it was like going back in time. I felt like I was at home. Very private, out in the country. Our Cabin was adorable and i wanted to bring it home with me!! ;) The Hobbs are wonderful hosts! Breakfast was delicious!!!

The furniture Ben handcrafts is unbelievable, you won't find anything like his in a furniture store!
I wish I could have bought every piece! Absolutely beautiful and well crafted!
Jackie makes braided rugs and ceramics and I could not leave with out 2 rugs and several pieces of ceramics!

We're looking forward to going back in the near future!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen F
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I stay here recently when I needed an overnight that was near the base I was working at. It was a wonderful stay. Nice room (actually a small civil war era house but it was about 900 sf), very quiet, comfortable bed, nice shower and kitchenette. I will definitely be staying hear when I go back and hope I get a chance to bring my wife sometime too!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill C
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My daughters and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the inn. It was idyllic, especially for two young children. The host showed us around her vegetable gardens, let us feed her chickens and gather eggs and took us inside the many Civil War-era buildings on the property. Our cabin was adorable, and for a small extra charge we were allowed to build a fire in the fireplace. I loved every minute here and plan to return again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Charm, privacy, chickens, fresh eggs, history and realxation...all in one place. Each house is seperate so lots of privacy. The Hobbs are wonderful hosts, gracious and wonderful breakfasts. Very accommodating. The restaurant on site is fabulous. Edenton is only about 10 minutes drive but Beechtree Inn and Beautiful Moon Cafe are fabulous.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Debbie G
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 8 April 2011

We are glad we found this quaint B&B off the beaten path. The Hobbs' collect buildings and their collection is outstanding! We stayed in the Flat Branch house, a restored 1700's dependency building. Ben Hobbs makes outstanding furniture and his pieces are showcased in the cottages. Mrs. Hobbs is an excellent cook and her conversation was very interesting. We enjoyed the quietest night ever and would highly recommend this lovely, rural B&B.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank PillHillers
Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My husband and I highly recommend this B&B. The details in the refurbishing of the original historic homes that you stay in is absolutely wonderful. This was the first time my husband had ever stayed in a B&B and he was so happy with my choice that he ran to the local store and brought me back roses! The comfort that you feel in the accommodations is like you are really, finally at home. Everything you need is in your home. We were there during a cold spell and the home was very warm and cozy. Our Parsons Jack Russell was with us and he even had a wonderful time! If you are history enthusiasts like us...We really recommend staying at the Beechtree Inn.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TechgirlGA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
Hampton Inn Edenton
The Granville Queen Inn
Athol Plantation
Athol Plantation
#6 of 8 in Edenton

Been to Beechtree Inn? Share your experiences!