“Avoid if you can” 2 of 5 bubbles

Captain Bob's BBQ & Seafood
Ranked #11 of 21 Restaurants in Hertford
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Avoid if you can”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Randomly picked Bob's for lunch on our way through on a road trip. It's a simple country restaurant, nothing fancy. Friendly staff. My opinion kept dropping as we ate, though. The pork was hot and flavorful, but dry. Apple sticks were over-fried. We noticed two-years-expired parmesan cheese sitting on the table. Probably won't make you sick, but I won't be coming back.

1 Thank Tyria

“Great food And service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We had Captain Bob's provide the food for a Coast Guard event for 300. The beef brisket was fantastic. Guests raved about it. Their service was great - they delivered the food on time and stayed around to make sure everything was OK. We wii definitely use them again.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ginger E
Chandler
“OBX Side Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

We took a trip from the Outer Banks over to Hertford to see where some of my wife's family grew up. Met some friends at Captain Bob's. I ordered the buffet lunch for $8.99. The fried chicken was excellent! Unfortunately the pork tenderloin wasn't so tender, but the BBQ sauce it was in was very good. Enjoyed the banana pudding with Nilla Wafers on it! Service was very friendly and good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NEW YORK
“SMH!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I use to love this place.... Me & my coworkers would took here for lunch & we always order off the menu.... There needs to many updates in this place.... Please bring this place back.... Place still stay full b/c of the locals not many choice in this area....

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Really glad I won't have to go there again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I were passing through town and decided to stop at Captain Bob's to eat. Yikes!! First impression- run down, ok, I can deal with that. Many places look like that and the food is still awesome. Unfortunately this wasn't the case here...the place was dirty(food and bits of trash all over the old stained carpet, sticky menus, flys buzzing around your face...). Our server was very polite and she did a good job. I ordered the blackened crab cake with blackened scallops and it wasn't good at all. The scallops were rubbery(over cooked) and the flavor was less than pleasing. I think I ate 2 of them and left the rest. The crab cake was burned on one side but mushy on the inside. I ate most of that because I was hungry. My baked potato wasn't fully cooked. the side salad was the best part but even that had an excessive amount of cheese on top. I guess living in Virginia Beach where fresh seafood is abundant has spoiled me! The side of corn sticks were also not good. Like a giant French fry made with corn I guess, yuck. Like I said, I'm not from there so I won't have to go back...

• Visited April 2014