“Ok stay for easy access to the furniture outlet”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We had a nice stay here. The room was large and clean, with a nice walk-in shower in the bathroom. You are a quick 3 minute drive to the Hickory Furniture Outlet, the reason for our stay. The staff are very nice and helpful. Really, the only negative comment is the breakfast: cheap paper plates and utensils, bad coffee, tasteless waffles, over refrigerated fruit. I will say that the hotel offered a lot of choice at breakfast but I was unhappy with the quality of the food provided. We left hungry.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed here for a state gymnastics meet with our kids and the proximity to the convention center where the meet was being held was perfect! We were able to walk to the event easily. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful as we arrived with a sick child and they got us directions to nearby stores for medicine. The pool was well maintained though we only could stare at it during breakfast as swimming on meet day is not a good idea. The breakfast provided had a lot of options and was constantly refilled while we were in there. The lobby is very nicely decorated, the staff friendly and most importantly the room was clean, comfy and perfect for our needs. I do wish hotels provided firmer pillows but that isn't the trend right now and I'm a picky pillow person. But the bed was very comfortable. I was most impressed that despite having lots of young gymnasts in the hotel (lots of kids with lots of energy) it was quiet and we got a great night's sleep. I would totally stay here again. Their rates were very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We spent one night here. It's a little hard getting in and out of parking lot because of the traffic from all the chain restaurants. Noticed no Hot Meats on breakfast bar, just cereals & waffle maker. Also there were only paper cups, no glasses. But the room was clean & comfortable. Staff was super friendly & helpful. We would recomend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while we were on our way to the Hickory outlet. The hotel has recently been updated and is very clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a good size. The only issue is that our room's a/c was very loud. We told hotel staff and hopefully they have fixed it. Breakfast had a good variety of options.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed here using our Marriott Rewards points. The room was very nice, usual Fairfield Inn decor and the beds comfortable. The hotel was just of Route 40 and easy to find. There was a nice continental breakfast with lots of selections. They handled it well and replaced items as they ran low. There were lots of teens and parents staying there for some kind of sports playoffs and they all ate at the same time as us. The staff was able to handle this and checkout without difficulty.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I spend a lot of time at this hotel.....very friendly staff, always treats me with respect. Breakfast staff and food adequate for this level of hotel. My only complaint is the towels are the smallest I have seen - they have not yet upgraded to the better version - but that is minor compared to the service.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I had to make a deposit when the reservation was made, charged to my credit card. They charged an additional $20 on my card when I checked in for "incidentals". If I don't use it, they credit my account in 5-7 days.
The rooms have been recently remodeled and are OK, but their check in policy assures that I won't be using this motel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business