“Nice clean...well kept....great staff.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hickory
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed 5 July 2013

A very nice clean place to stop off while sightseeing. Great staff...very accommodating. Recommended a place to eat that evening. Even though close to the interstate, very quiet and relaxing. If in the area again, we would stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here one night on a last minute decision. They had one room left. The hotel was nice and clean. The pool was warm and clean. They had a nice breakfast bar and as you walked in a nice seating area. We were impressed for the price!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank 4emz
Reviewed 19 June 2013

A very clean experience, average price, comfortable bed with large flat screen tv with microwave and refrigerator. We would stay there again. The only thing I did not like is that they will charge your credit card $30 for incidentals and then credit it back afterwards. Also a great complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnythefish
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel is close to multiple restaurants and not far from the highway exit. There is actually a restautant - Carrabas directly in front of the hotel parking lot and one next door. The hotel was remodeled since I had stayed there last. The staff was friently and the free breakfast was the best that I have had at a Fairfield. They had a really nice indoor pool but I didn't have a chance to use it. The hotel was very clean. I would recommend a room at the back of the hotel if you are a light sleeper due to the highway noise which was rather loud.

Room Tip: Due to highway noise, ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FENTON64
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights while visiting relatives in Hickory. The place was very, very clean and well kept. The staff were very nice and addressed my requests quickly (for extra towels, kleenex, etc.) The included breakfast was great as well including items like cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, pastries, bagels, waffles, juice, coffee and tea. I used the indoor heated pool and it was very clean as well. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in at a hotel. The mattress was very new, no sags, slightly on the firm side, which I love. I had no problems during my 8 night stay. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: No restaurant on site, but several within walking distance. A great cafeteria right next door - J...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Pam087
Reviewed 6 May 2013

When we checked in the girl at the front desk was not nice at all and seemed annoyed with any questions we had. When we checked into our room it had a horrible musty and sour smell. We thought that it would air out while we were gone but it was worse when we returned. The lady that was at the front desk this time was very nice and we were able to change rooms. When I folded down the blanket in the new room there was hair in the bed sheets. I got new sheets and changed the bed myself! When we went to take a shower there was hair in the bathroom floor, soap scum covered the shower, hair around the drain and the shower curtain was molded. HUGE disappointment! Especially knowing I could have stayed right next door at a much nicer and cleaner hotel for a better price. Never again will I choose a Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank competitionmom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My daughter is in college in Hickory, and as it happens it is fairly
easy to earn a free night at this hotel. Maybe since the room was a bonus I'm not supposed to care... but since I stay at Marriott Hotels fairly often the fact that this kind of thing happens at one of their affiliated hotels IRKS me. First of all...the room itself was fairly nice...then I went into the bathroom...I was greeted by tons of dead bugs in the overhead light. Then when I went to take a shower....and there was a large mildew stain right near the grab bar. Yuck. Then we tried the pool...the room is fairly large...and in it there are a whopping 3 tables with 4 chairs at each...and 2 chaiz-lounge chairs...14 chairs total. No towels besides those sitting on the tables. The in room materials mention a whirlpool...there isn't one. Then the real hijinx began. This hotel has ground floor rooms..including mine. There were 3 count them 3 doors to the outside within @ 50 ft of the room. It seems these are the preferred route for intoxicated and very rude other guests that re enter the premises after 12:30 am. When the first contingent woke us up I gave it some time thinking this racket had to get some attention from the front desk. NOPE after @ 5 minutes of wild animal noises coming from the hall outside my room I yelled out my door and then went and called the front desk. The attendant asked me for details about the people....not my job to reconnoiter...I came for a nights sleep which I was not getting. The attendant then went to speak with them and that challenge passed. Then the next crowd rolled in @ 2AM.. and they partied loudly in the room next door until 3. I just gave up. This type of thing goes on because people obviously know the ownership of this hotel does not CARE and that it will be tolerated as long as their credit card goes through! Also, beside being overrun by rude drunks, the hotel was also over run by poorly supervised youth soccer tourney participants. I personally think that hotels should be required to disclose the presence of these groups when you book... needless to say this ended any chance of actually getting the complimentary breakfast. All in all free is not cheap enough for this experience. When I complained at check out the front desk associate said they would see about crediting back SOME of my points. We'll see..if Marriott is going to let their name be associated with a hotel run like this... I'm not sure I want them.

Room Tip: Don't ever take a ground floor room if you do stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family