“Save yourself time by researching online first”

Hickory Furniture Mart
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in Hickory
More attraction details
Owner description: Hickory Furniture Mart is the ultimate furniture destination. Choose from countless styles and collections at affordable North Carolina prices. You’ll find some of the most reputable manufacturers, designers and expert craftsmen within the furniture industry. Open to the public six days a week, Monday – Saturday from 9am-6pm. Discounted Shop & Stay packages are available at our pet friendly partner hotels. Find out why people travel from all over the world to visit Hickory Furniture Mart.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first trip to this expansive furniture showroom and it was well worth the trip. Because it’s so large it can be overwhelming, but I spent some time researching online the type of furniture I was looking for. This proved to be a great idea.

I was able to narrow down the manufacturers I wanted to explore and upon arriving at the Mart, stopped at the reception desk. The friendly ambassador was able to show me exactly where those showrooms were located.

I told her the type and style of furniture o was seeking and she even recommended a couple manufacturers I had not found online. Her expertise was invaluable and I was able to visit the showrooms I needed, made my purchase and even had time left to look around a little more.

Will definitely return for my next furniture purchase.

All reviews
"price range"
"unique pieces"
"turned around"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I drove to a B & B then spent hours walking around all four floors of this massive outlet store! We thought we had decided on a power loveseat recliner, but I thought we were too tired to sign papers that afternoon. We had walked for hours up and down stairs...sometimes taking the elevator. The amount of furniture and other items is almost too much to take in! But we stuck to our agenda. The next day we returned intending to make a purchase of what we had chosen, but walked by a different sofa that caught my eye and long story short, we changed our order and purchased just what we wanted and left very happy. It will be hard to wait for it to be constructed and then delivered, but since the sofa weighs over 300 pounds I didn't want my husband to pick it up. We made this purchase through a lovely lady named Kay Hefner who was helpful, but not pushy. She was patient, often checking on details and gave us a great discount during the June sale on a Bradington-Young power reclining couch. She also gave us samples of the leather we ordered, and even recommended a great little place to eat in the building which was perfect, before we headed for home.

1  Thank merci5249
Reviewed 11 June 2018

You will read that there is a museum of furniture at the Hickory Furniture Mart. Well maybe four pieces of very indifferent furniture and a feeble attempt at a furniture shop of yesterday. The Mart maybe fantastic, the museum is pitiable.

2  Thank The3ofus60614
HickoryFurnitureMart, General Manager at Hickory Furniture Mart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you so much for reaching out to us with your comments. We are currently transitioning that space and will update and reflect that in our listing to let everyone know. The original furniture pieces that were on display when Hickory Furniture Mart first opened were loaned to us by families within the furniture community. Many of these furniture pieces have recently been reclaimed and picked up by these families in order to pass them down to their younger generational family members who live in other states. We are working closely with the Hickory Convention Center to create an updated furniture museum and Hall of Fame that showcases Hickory’s furniture heritage throughout the years and will update the listing to reflect this. We are glad you enjoyed everything else that Hickory Furniture Mart has to offer and hope you come back and visit the new updated display at the Hickory Convention Center that is scheduled to be completed in early 2019.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Planning to relocate to Charlotte, NC, it was suggested that we check out this place to purchase furniture. The place is HUGE. I was so happy we could bring our dog inside and not leave him in the car. One of the best things is that you can purchase from different stores and they will coordinate so that everything is delivered at the same time. Nice. Also delivery is FREE up to a certain mileage..