“Awesome Stay”
Review of Quality Suites

Quality Suites
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Reviewed 16 August 2013

All staff members made my visit very pleasant with thier "customer first" attitude..
Specail Thanks to Lisa Shaw from the kitchen who greeted us every morning at breakfast with a grat smile and beautiful personality.

Room Tip: Staff made my stay like "Home away from Home"
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments and would also like to thank your entire group for staying with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you have please someone, and awesome to hear that you have please an entire group. We hope that if the need should arise in the future we will have you as guests again.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

After having trouble with our first reservations in Hickory, I called the Quality Suites and asked for a block of rooms. The group reservationist Laura was so helpful, even though we were booking at such a late date. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told they had put the entire group on the same hall in the recently updated rooms. The rooms were great, large, with comfortable beds. I even heard how comfortable the pull out couch was. Very clean. Breakfast was another plus. Hot eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, hot coffee, etc. They kept it well stocked all morning long. The only complaint I heard from our group was that the AC in some of the rooms wasn't cooling as well. Some had to purchase fans to keep their rooms cool, and we wished they had queens beds instead of full size beds. All in all, though a great little find.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mandy H
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My husband and I were driving through NC and looked on our Garmin for a place to stay in Hickoru, NC. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, bed was comfortable, room was decently clean except for a few stains in the carpet, and extra space in the room was a plus. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't access Wi-Fi from the room, but had no problem in the lobby. Breakfast was good. We'll stay here again if we are ever passing through the area. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martie H
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Best hotel value in Hickory! I have stayed in this Quality Inn over 50 nights the past 2 years. It used to be Comfort Suites so it is very upscale for a Quality Inn!! Many of the rooms have been recently renovated with new carpet, granite counter tops, flat screen TVs, higher beds, new furniture....everything! The staff is outstanding and very courteous and the new management team brought in 2 years ago is great. They have really made it a better place.

Ask if one of the newly renovated rooms is available upon check-in. Although there are no elevators, the 2nd floor rooms are quieter since there is no one above you.

There are several restaurants within walking distance which is great when you are pulling a trailer and don't want to have to drive for a meal. There is a Cracker Barrel adjacent to the hotel! Other restaurants within 200 yards walking distance include Kobe Japanese, Hooter's, Waffle House, Zaxby's and Outback Steakhouse.

Room Tip: Ask if a newly renovated room on the east side is available upon check-in.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Chip1031
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We booked a one night stay here through Choice Rewards advance purchase and got a king room for around $50. We weren't really expecting much but were pleasantly surprised at how spacious, clean and comfortable the room was. A couple things to note..this is an older 'walk-up' style 2 story property, but we were able to get a first floor room so that wasn't an issue. The amenities are dated, with an old style TV and towels are on the thin side. Other than that the room was fine and suited our needs for a good nights sleep. What made this place a real bargain was the breakfast they served. Mounds of real scrambled eggs, sausage patties and links, sausage gravy and hot biscuits in addition to all the other standard cold items, and everything was good including the coffee. We had just come from a Comfort Suites in Georgia where we paid 30 bucks per night more, the room was musty and the breakfast sucked so we were very happy to have found this place. If you don't mind the walk-up and don't need top of the line amenities, I would absolutely recommend this Quality Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My Husband and I was on our way home we were tired and decided to stop, we look at the outside first before we decide on a Motel. The outside was very fomal looking very neat. We decided to stop and I went in to see if they had a room, I was greeted with a smile and made to feel like I was at home. I was told that they had a big hot breaksfast waiting for me the next morning. The Room that we got was the greatest room that we had on our whole trip very spacious and the beds were really great, everything you needed and then the Free Breaksfast was great had a lot of choices to choose from. I would highly recommend this Motel

Room Tip: the room that we had was room no 150 a corner one it was great
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan2013486
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This has to be the nastiest hotel I have seen in years. Booked it online and when we told management the room was not satisfactory they told us too bad you already checked in. We ended up paying for an used room for 4 nights. It's not just that it is very dated... It's dirty.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends