“Nice and Cozy!”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Hickory
Pasadena, Maryland, United States
“Nice and Cozy!”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have been staying here for over a month now for work. It's not a super fancy hotel, but it sure is cozy. It's been a little home away from home for me. The rooms are big and the beds are comfy. I like that the fan for the heat/ac stays on all night. I'm a light sleeper and it drowns out any noise that might wake me up instead of cutting on and off all night. Everyone is really nice. I've even met the owner and he's very friendly and helpful. Their breakfast has a little something for everyone. It's nice to have a laundry area that isn't super crowded when you're away from the comforts of home. It is also walking distance from a few bars/restaurants and close driving distance to just about everything in Hickory. I am definitely staying here the rest of my trip.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Cracker Barrel have an excellent view of the sunset. If you're into watchi...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BunnyBizzle
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are elated that you feel this is your home away from home. Please continue to call us home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed one night passing through. Found this a refreshing, clean and comfortable place to rest. Beds were especially comfy, liked pillows a lot. Breakfast was tasty and assortment plentiful. Location was good, easy off and on I-40. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found the beds and bedding comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.
Kingsport, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Ignore all bad complaints, because I think they are unfounded. The stay here was great with nice clean rooms and lobby. The rooms felt large and they had commercial grade mattress covers under the sheets. The staff went the extra mile to help me with my stay. The breakfast was good and with a lot of choices to choose from. For my next stay through town this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Joshua S
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay with us. It is both rewarding and encouraging for all our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times on my travels across I-40. Thank you to Lisa Shaw for a friendly welcome and great breakfast service on August 16. The rooms were very comfortable and accommodating. I like the courtyard style design of the hotel campus.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andre D
Dear Andrea D
I apologize for not responding sooner. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for your wonderful compliments. Thank you also for acknowledging Lisa, our breakfast attendant and the wonderful job she is doing. We hope to see you on your next trip.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2013

All staff members made my visit very pleasant with thier "customer first" attitude..
Specail Thanks to Lisa Shaw from the kitchen who greeted us every morning at breakfast with a grat smile and beautiful personality.

Room Tip: Staff made my stay like "Home away from Home"
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Laurap536, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
We would like to thank you for your thoughtful comments and would also like to thank your entire group for staying with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you have please someone, and awesome to hear that you have please an entire group. We hope that if the need should arise in the future we will have you as guests again.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

After having trouble with our first reservations in Hickory, I called the Quality Suites and asked for a block of rooms. The group reservationist Laura was so helpful, even though we were booking at such a late date. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were told they had put the entire group on the same hall in the recently updated rooms. The rooms were great, large, with comfortable beds. I even heard how comfortable the pull out couch was. Very clean. Breakfast was another plus. Hot eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, hot coffee, etc. They kept it well stocked all morning long. The only complaint I heard from our group was that the AC in some of the rooms wasn't cooling as well. Some had to purchase fans to keep their rooms cool, and we wished they had queens beds instead of full size beds. All in all, though a great little find.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mandy H
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were driving through NC and looked on our Garmin for a place to stay in Hickoru, NC. We were pleasantly surprised with our room, bed was comfortable, room was decently clean except for a few stains in the carpet, and extra space in the room was a plus. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't access Wi-Fi from the room, but had no problem in the lobby. Breakfast was good. We'll stay here again if we are ever passing through the area. The lady at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple