Hampton Inn Hickory
Sleep Inn(Hickory)(Great Value!)
US$67
SleepInn
Very Good 4/5
Red Roof Inn Hickory(Hickory)(Great Value!)
US$64
Red Roof
US$123
HIExpress.com
US$148
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Hickory(Hickory)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$90
Courtyard Hickory(Hickory)
US$180
US$149
US$84
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsconvention centercomplimentary breakfastgreat hotelbreakfast staffcookiesthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlyroom was cleanwe've stayedbagelsbusiness triplenoir rhynea great stayfresh fruitwould definitely stay here againfront desk staffeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Stayed for one night found the staff courteous, this was a very quiet hotel, also has a great breakfast. No Elevator was the only drawback.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2009

This appears to be an older property and does not look like your typical Hampton Inn. It has two buildings: one with room access from the outside and one with interior room access. Both buildings are two stories. I stayed in the building with interior room access. This building appears to have been recently renovated with new carpets and room furnishings. My room was clean and fairly well appointed. The only negative is that there was no elevator for guest use in the building, which could pose a problem for some travelers. The hotel is located just off Interstate 40 but the noise from the interstate traffic was not bothersome.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NCTraveler108
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stopped at this Hampton on the way to a special event in the Ashville area. I did not have reservations, but the desk clerk was helpful and friiendly, and got me checked it quickly/ I was given a choice of an outside entrance room, or an interior one, and seeing as the outside entrance was cheaper, I took that.

This is an older Hampton property, they told me that they have broken ground on a new facility about a block away, but the room was in great condition.. The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, with prepackaged items that you microwaved, but it was not bad. I assume with the new facility they will also improve the breakfast offerings.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was right, about 60% of what it would have cost me to stay in the Ashville area.

I was so happy with this Hampton that we stopped there again on our return trip!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I just returned from a week stay at the Hampton Inn Hickory, NC. The hotel is clean and staff are nice. However there is no elevator so request a first floor room if you don't want to hike it. Staff tells me they are moving to a new location in Hickory soon.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mary_Phila_PA
Reviewed 1 April 2008

I was not thrilled with the Hickory Hampton Inn. I found the staff not very helpful on my arrival, being distracted by ringing phone lines and rather grumpy in general. My room was small. The air conditioning/heating unit had separated from wall and there was a gap of about a half inch showing. The bathroom resembled a 1960's Howard Johnson's rather than a 21st century Hampton Inn.

The bed was nice, as were the sheets and towels, and there was the usual assorted breakfast items in the morning. They did not slip a receipt under the door during the night, and when I went to check out and get a copy the clerk did not ask me how my stay was.

Maybe it was the weather (nasty, raining) that made everyone feel and act the way they did. That doesn't explain the worn out quality of my room (second floor, back side of rear building with an exterior entrance). Those rooms cost less than the front building's rooms with interior hallway access, so at the Hickory Hampton the adage you get what you pay for may be true.

Stayed: February 2008